Carb Problem - Help!

StangDude

Some of you may have read my previous threads on a faulty mixture control solenoid and main bearing problems for my 85 Chevy 4x4, 350 engine truck. I pulled the trigger and decided to have the engine replaced with a Jasper crate engine and was having the Carb completely rebuilt by the same shop, replacing the MC Solenoid. The shop just called and said the Rochester Quad Carb #17085508 on the truck is a California version (I'm in MA!) and that he cannot get the MC solenoid as it has been discontinued. He is reccomending I try to find an earlier model Rochester (1980 or pre-computer controlled) along with a distributor of the same vintage. This sounds expensive and takes away from the factory stock approach to the rebuild I was trying to stay with. Any feedback on how I should proceed? Any ideas where I can find the correct MC solenoid? Your quick response is appreciated.

Adam

Tommy10plows

quadrajet parts

Call Gordon at Preferred Marine. 941-746-1956. He has the largest supply of quadrajets and quadrajet parts on the east coast of the US.

OP
S

StangDude

Thanks for the response. I managed to find a place on the Web called BFIC carbsonly:
http://www.carbsonly.com/

They were very knowledgable and confirmed the part was no longer available as new, but they recondition and sell MC solenoids, so I am all set. It cost me $85 for the recon part, much cheaper than full carb replacement etc. They were extremely helpful and I would reccomend them to anyone. Thanks again.

Adam