Snow Plowing Forum banner
65681 - 65700 of 65749 Posts

· Registered
7,119 Posts
Why all the hatred towards being a snowman? I don't do it for the money, I wouldn't want to do anything else the more and more I think about it

Go sling some green equipment for a base salary and have to deal with everyone's financing falling thru all the ballers on a budget to get very very basic benefits, yeah no thanks

3,378 Posts
Why all the hatred towards being a snowman? I don't do it for the money, I wouldn't want to do anything else the more and more I think about it

Go sling some green equipment for a base salary and have to deal with everyone's financing falling thru all the ballers on a budget to get very very basic benefits, yeah no thanks
I agree with you. A lot of what messes people up and why they don't want to do snow is the uncertainty of the schedule. Give them a Mon - Fri 9 - 5 (8 - 4, etc) turning out widgets all day long and they can do it because it's structured.

· Registered
58,816 Posts
I agree with you. A lot of what messes people up and why they don't want to do snow is the uncertainty of the schedule. Give them a Mon - Fri 9 - 5 (8 - 4, etc) turning out widgets all day long and they can do it because it's structured.
Employees...or lack thereof. Or not showing up. Or ghosting you.

Average yearly snowfall in 3 events and then 3+ weeks without a thing.

Equipment breakdowns.

Unrealistic expectations of customers.

Heck, what's not to love?

3,378 Posts
Employees...or lack thereof. Or not showing up. Or ghosting you.

Average yearly snowfall in 3 events and then 3+ weeks without a thing.

Equipment breakdowns.

Unrealistic expectations of customers.

Heck, what's not to love?
Understandable, but outside of the weather, I'd argue that most other businesses are struggling with the same issues

· Registered
17,474 Posts
Customer expectations are higher now than they used to be, whereas my expectations of my customers and my competition has lowered considerably. It would be nice to watch a Christmas movie and not be stressed out by the scene of characters enjoying the snowfall.
There is a movie called "Beautiful Girls" about a bunch of small town hicks who plow snow.
In it, Matt Dillon gets in a fight and ends up in the hospital, they all gather around him and he looks at one of them and says "Can you sand my lots?"
That'll be me on my deathbed....lol.

· Registered
17,182 Posts
Beautiful Girls is a 1996 American romanticcomedy-drama film directed by Ted Demme and written by Scott Rosenberg. Its story follows New York jazz pianist Willie Conway, as he heads back to his hometown of Knight's Ridge, Massachusetts for his high school reunion, where he finds his friends evaluating their lives and relationships.

I missed that romcom

· Registered
8,953 Posts

Once it's go time it's great job. The forecasting seems to be getting worse not better. It some ways it was better when I started, you just got up a set times and looked out the window. If you needed to go you went. Very few around here own winter boots or snow tires or have a clue how the business works.

65681 - 65700 of 65749 Posts