Snow Plowing Forum banner
65501 - 65520 of 65523 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Looks warm for the next two weeks. Not going to complain. Piles are almost all gone and fall cleanups can continue on.
And hopefully it gets better after that!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I hate the internet...

I decided to look up that wood burning stove my customer wanted to throw out... Ended up down a rabbit hole, and came across an exact Franklin stove that we had growing up to heat the one side of the house. (there was a full brick fireplace on the other side of the house) but this one primarily heated the family ro and kitchen as well as the bedrooms upstairs.
It was somewhat local (out Dean's Way) and when I enquired about shipping the guy said he would bring it for $75....
So I have an end table for my patio furniture out of nostalgia... View attachment 258996

Attachments

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I hate the internet...

I decided to look up that wood burning stove my customer wanted to throw out... Ended up down a rabbit hole, and came across an exact Franklin stove that we had growing up to heat the one side of the house. (there was a full brick fireplace on the other side of the house) but this one primarily heated the family ro and kitchen as well as the bedrooms upstairs.
It was somewhat local (out Dean's Way) and when I enquired about shipping the guy said he would bring it for $75....
So I have an end table for my patio furniture out of nostalgia... View attachment 258996
you got a deal on delivery because
the nacho and lunch toll
plus the gas
would have been more then that.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Erin is happening now....

Doug Ford’s plan to suddenly add this small town into the Greenbelt puzzles critics and residents
As part of its plan to open 7,400 acres of the Greenbelt to development, the province pledged to add 9,400 acres — most of them in the town of Erin.
By Noor JavedStaff Reporter
Tue., Nov. 29, 2022timer5 min. read

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Erin is happening now....

Doug Ford’s plan to suddenly add this small town into the Greenbelt puzzles critics and residents
As part of its plan to open 7,400 acres of the Greenbelt to development, the province pledged to add 9,400 acres — most of them in the town of Erin.
By Noor JavedStaff Reporter
Tue., Nov. 29, 2022timer5 min. read
So, I don't know how to take this. Looks like Erin gets more land for expansion? Here, we have seen years of our Gov. stealing land from the states, locking it up, for the will of the city people, so, bychance they might be able to come out and take a hike on it sometime in their life.

·
Super Moderator
42,317 Posts
The Green belt is supposed to protect agricultural land from development..
There's quite a bit of Green Belt / open space ground out here with the majority of it being used for hiking / biking trails and leased for pasture and some is farmed.
It's not a bad thing IMO.

65501 - 65520 of 65523 Posts