Snow Plowing Forum banner
65461 - 65480 of 65523 Posts

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
10cm on the pavement here today, full plow for most. Watched a guy in a 304 JD with a snow wing plowing with the plow tipped so far forward only the tips of the wings were touching the ground. Must be tough finding any help this year.
I bought a blizzard 8611 skid steer plow
Once from Ritchie auction.
looked great. Moved and ran nice
First plow event found out the wing edges had to be new and the cutting worn.

i was so happy it was close to home and I could grab something else.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I Was looking closely cause it looked familiar...
Ours had pretty much the same fenders that we just cut off this and the it had a pup motor on back before we got it as the brackets were all there to hold it on.
But can they wake up and plow snow ?

Kidding.

I’m not being funny on this one
Could the truck not hold a bigger salter ?
It will hold 7 ton fairly easy and 8 ton heaped. That’s all legally it will hold.

·
Registered
9,036 Posts
It’s better to just have a whole spare tractor or 3. I have more spare tractors then I care to admit but I also never give excuses why the work isn’t done.
You can be one of the larger companies around here and only salt because you don't have the manpower to plow unless it stops snowing by 10pm. Every year the same crap but they keep getting work.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
You can be one of the larger companies around here and only salt because you don't have the manpower to plow unless it stops snowing by 10pm. Every year the same crap but they keep getting work.
You know when you quit plowing snow you're suppose to be posting pictures from beaches or Vegas or something not still complaining about the competition...

65461 - 65480 of 65523 Posts