Snow Plowing Forum banner
64941 - 64960 of 65002 Posts

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
I would highly recommend every review their equipment insurance policy

in times like now where the market has gone up especially on used equipment make sure you are covered. I am currently fighting
the value of a bobcat that went missing. Their offer to me is a capped limit of some sort compared to what I paid for it. The price paid and the value are very different. I have purchased many machines for trade in price. I’ve paid the customer and then they have financed a new machine in full. That price has been wholesale and they may have required repairs also. The value of that machine is way more now. It is crazy and I have so much equipment I don’t know I could do an appraisal or value adjustment every year.

off balance sheet machinery equity ?

Another example is I bought something like 9
Hla blades at once a couple years ago. Now I need to replace 1. Good luck.

·
Registered
50,738 Posts
I really like the 52", have never had a 48". Ended up with a couple 61s for productivity, but the 52" is still my favorite for striping, getting into smaller areas and not scalping on uneven lawns.

Reactions: BUFF

·
Registered
50,738 Posts
Makes sense.

I struggle getting employees to realize that the bigger mowers aren't always better on smaller lawns. It's not a difficult concept.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Makes sense.

I struggle getting employees to realize that the bigger mowers aren't always better on smaller lawns. It's not a difficult concept.
Like when you're building base or doing topsoil and you dump a bucket load of material on the ground, new guy always grabs the 3' landscape rake thinking it'll be faster. Love watching them fight with it!😂

·
Registered
16,139 Posts
Like when you're building base or doing topsoil and you dump a bucket load of material on the ground, new guy always grabs the 3' landscape rake thinking it'll be faster. Love watching them fight with it!😂
The same as watching guys who changed from pickups to tractors doing rural gravel driveways with a 110 kubota and hla blade?

·
Registered
16,139 Posts
Black Manhole cover Road surface Asphalt Tar

Gas Cuisine Automotive exterior Recipe Wood

All the rain this week put me behind a little.
Bumped a few sites to the weekend, poor guy with all the Ford recalls, washer fluid no work...
Looked it over for him. Red squirrel chewed threw the tube, 16¢ a foot cheap easy fix.
Packed the front of the rad with leaves and grass... blew that out with the blower, ate the air filter, and made a nice bed...
Less than a week it sat outside...

64941 - 64960 of 65002 Posts