• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

"Canadian Weather+++++Snow"

cet

PlowSite Fanatic
Both mine have faced East. I'm happy with the choice.
The salt depot in Newmarket has their shed facing West, the first few loads of the night are loaded with water.

GMC Driver

PlowSite.com Addict
Snow started @ 4am, guys were called in last night for 5am. Trucks get loaded and leave yard at 5:30am. First calls back @ 6am were questioning to plow or not. Made the call to plow. Called out all equipment operators, most were going within the hour. So by 7am it was full steam ahead.

Snow stops very abruptly at 9:30am. By 10:30am the phone is blowing up. Yes, we are out. Yes, we have been to your site once already. Yes, they will be returning. The snow only stopped an hour ago. We were caught by surprise - they forecasted 2cm yesterday, and then 2-4cm when someone checked the radar at 12:30am. We ended up with 6-8cm. So yes, we were surprised, but implemented our plan and had accounts all completed by noon. A few cleanup items remain.

I had less issues with the 40cm storm last week.

Now 2cm on tap tomorrow morning. Better prep like it's 20.

Mr.Markus

PlowSite Fanatic
It was supposed to start snowing here at 1 am, the same 2-4cm. It started about 3:30
Less than 1 cm by 6am then it ramped up for an hour to 8 cm then a nice rain that made it sticky. 2 rounds of salt and a push and not one phone call. Timing was not my favorite...

Started at 8:30, even at 10 didn't see allot of places plowed, allot. Only got one call asking to drop by (was coming there next anyway) because the truckers said they couldn't back in (half of them can't drive forward never mind reverse).
Everyone knows I'll be by so they don't call, you find it's almost always the employees or tenants calling that their flip flops got snow on them, I learned early on to tell them that I will be there when I'm there, if that's not good enough, find someone else.

Triple L

PlowSite Fanatic
After 17 years I guess I'm just figuring things out... So the new cool thing to do is underbid the job by half the price of me, then use a kids size pickup to plow the u shaped parking lot and take all the snow and push it on the front lawn of a career long customer of myn because he didn't price in stacking or hauling or any removal and or doesn't have anything to do so... Buddy didn't know what to say when I harvested all the snow on a 2 acre lot, literally had 1,000,001 places to put it but decided to push snow from over 800' away directly onto his customers front lawn which is maybe 50'x30' LOL!!! Craps above the tree's hahahaha, he won't be mowing that till August

Mr.Markus

PlowSite Fanatic
After 17 years I guess I'm just figuring things out... So the new cool thing to do is underbid the job by half the price of me, then use a kids size pickup to plow the u shaped parking lot and take all the snow and push it on the front lawn of a career long customer of myn because he didn't price in stacking or hauling or any removal and or doesn't have anything to do so... Buddy didn't know what to say when I harvested all the snow on a 2 acre lot, literally had 1,000,001 places to put it but decided to push snow from over 800' away directly onto his customers front lawn which is maybe 50'x30' LOL!!! Craps above the tree's hahahaha, he won't be mowing that till August
__483eef18b718dc6f934b1d4a2c137ad4_width-600.jpeg

ff1221

PlowSite.com Addict
How is the Terex Loader working for you ?
Well now that I don't do the Bruce Power lot it just does the driveway at home, but it works out good because my kid loves running it so I don't have to clean the driveway anymore! All my lots are small, 10mins or less so if we get a lot of snow like last week I just take the tractor and blower.