• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

"Canadian Weather+++++Snow"

Shubootee

Or focus on the ones who appreciate the job you do.
After years and years of trying to make the complainers happy, that’s the lesson I learned. Now the customers that are good with me I treat like gold, the others I just do what I told them I’d do, and if they don’t like that by all means someone else.

I had a plaza that I did, they were always asking for me to do extra stuff, weren’t there early enough, etc. etc., till I finally dumped them, three years later they called me back asking me to do it after going through numerous companies.

It’s just not worth the aggravation and the headache, just some people you can never please.

MIDTOWNPC

PlowSite Fanatic
sometimes everything you touch breaks. I have one of every machine for myself so when I break it I can get something else.
we have a customer at the computer store, his main man will order him a laptop and we order a second one the same so when he breaks it we can just swap it out but we dont tell him that. its a given he will break it.

there is a guy in town that has taken a bunch of condos, he does them for 30-40% less then what I did them for and I had them for 9 years. so your dead to me.
he really thinks he has stuck me good but Ive never been so happy.
the money was good when I think about it but ill get a good smile on my face again when we get a 30cm wet monster and I get to skip 72, walkways to the front door and downspots that drain to walk way on brick laid upside down cause its heritage.

MIDTOWNPC

PlowSite Fanatic
warranty and complaints dept how can I help you?
so there is some gravel on your grass.... ok spring cleanup will fix that up.
bill due... you guys were never ever here, you never plowed!
the gravel says we plowed!

Shubootee

in a small town I never hold a grudge against customers, it is all cyclical. Owners change, management changes, key employees grow out of your main competition. I still have some properties that I had when i started, some are on their 4th owners. Don't look at it as a breach of loyalty, look at it as a chance to regroup and up your price.
I
Exactly. I always leave on good terms with customers, it's a great feeling when they call you back or you go by the property and it doesn't look as good when you did it.