Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1970 Posts

· Registered
3,921 Posts
You guy's noticed that to. Lately the storms seem to go either north or south of us. I have emailed the weather network before and asked them the same thing but I never got a response.We have just a dusting of snow here now, and they are just calling for 2-4 cm's overnight into tomorrow. Wait and see I guess.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Hey I just got a load of salt last week and no-one mentioned to me the shortage of salt. Who are you guy's buying salt from.
By the way snow has started here in Beamsville now. Let it snow let it snow I got salaried employee's I need to keep busy.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
I think I make a great boss JD:rolleyes:. How did you find out I am a slave driver? I get salt from Draglam and it wasn't a problem last week, but as the snow is comming down the region trucks usually do nothing but salt but tonight they have been driving by every half hour with the blade down. Gotta wear the cutting edges down I guess. If they aren't salting does that mean there is a shortage?

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Delete my last comment about me being tough to work for. MY BAD. I better get to bed I'm already tired and things are just getting goin. Time to put a log on the fire and shutter down for a couple hours. Play safe everybody.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Wow talk about everything up in the air for Sunday into Monday. Enviro Canada say's there is a possibility of rain, freezing rain, and then snow for us. Wonder what that's going to do to the salt supply in southern Ontario. Maybe it's time to send letters around to the customers telling them that their lots won't be as black as they should be, due to the shortage of salt. I am hoping for either rain or snow, please no freezing rain.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
An old timer told me once that the weather you have the day and night of a full moon is what you will get for the next month until the next full moon.
Sooo I guess that we will have a relatively calm couple of weeks. Suits me just fine. Lets me get ready for the busy season.:drinkup:

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Well I had my oldest truck in the trader last week because I am going to order another one in the spring. I thought that it would take longer to sell. Well the first guy to call came down looked at it and gave me what I was asking. (99 F-250 XLT diesel with 318,000 kms no plow asking $10,000)
So he's picking it up this aft. Well I called the leasing company to order another truck and holy smokes it takes 8 weeks:dizzy:. What I want is not on the lot so now I am kinda screwed if we get a lot of snow. I guess we'll have to press the old single speed skid steer into service YIKES.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
How much snow did everyone get. I have sites on the escarpment and they had 15cm's. The sites that I have along the QEW got a dusting. There was enought to salt that's all. I guess the wind was to strong off of the lake and dumped it all on top of the hill.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Looks like March is in like a lion out like a lamb as the old saying goes.

Seriously guy's Friday and Saturday are a long way off. Where do they come up with these predictions.

Don't we usually get a storm just before or during the March break?

A March break big snow storm means that I will have a lot of shovelers for the condo's my guy's will love that:nod:

· Registered
3,921 Posts
The weather network is calling for 15-20 cm's here for tonight, and enviro canada is calling for 5-8 cm's:confused:.

I give up. Right now it's sunny and radar is showing precip south of us over lake erie. I'll just keep workin on the lawn equipment and keep thinkin spring.

1 - 20 of 1970 Posts