Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4723 Posts

· Registered
6,634 Posts
Saturday
Tonight: Cloudy. Snow beginning this evening. Amount 5 cm. Temperature steady near minus 7. Sunday: Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets. Snow 15 to 25 cm.

I am about an hour east from Toronto

So far we have plowed or salted Dec 2, 3, 11, 12, 14.

· Registered
6,634 Posts
11:11 dec 30 - flurries right now in Cobourg about an hour east of Toronto. Can't even think about sleeping, so I am doing paperwork. Calling 5 to 10 cms, thats quite the range. Once more bill for Dec would be nice. Get those customers use to writting those extra digits on those cheques.

· Registered
6,634 Posts
:drinkup:Monday:periods of snow. Low minus 1. High plus 1.

Still waiting to hear on 3 bids. Fools. Hope some whitestuff flies monday to get the phones ringing. We are ready to salt or push. Had to lend out my camera but I got pics to post. Salt bin(s) we bought a Wideout and added the sidewalk Kubota this year. Cheers to a good year :drinkup::drinkup:
Went to the SteamWhistle brewery for a reception last weekend (Its beside the AirCanadaCentre). Had a few, Good TIme, Good BEER if you havent tried it.

· Registered
6,634 Posts
drivewaydoctor;657263 said:
Pouring rain here and I'm glad since all my contracts are seasonal. I hope we get this weather all winter. lol wishful thinking...
You will want some snow otherwise your seasonals will think you didnt "earn" it and next year will want you to do it for half the price.

I find that the more pushes we have the more business I get the next year. Seems as though last year alot of guys got hurt last year. Alot of them were crying the blues about payroll while waiting for payments, and not getting paid, and others did seasonal and got creamed.

Im a mix of seasonal and per push, with 1 that is per hour.

I would like a good amount between now and the new year and that could mean new trucks. purplebou:redbounce:bluebounc

· Registered
6,634 Posts
Got about 3 inches,

Went out at 4am as it was still snowing. Stopped snowing around 7am
Just finished up now on the residentials.

Lunch,
tweak a few things and wait for the next one, should be later tonight.
I got a worn hose I need to replace.

Looks like its over winsor right now.

How did you guys make out in toronto?
Im about 45 mins east of 401/404&dvp

· Registered
6,634 Posts
Oh.

I use environment canada, the weather network online and watch weather on tv.

is there something else that you guys find more accurate.
I usually predict according to the radar and watch whats comming.
Cobourg is right on the water so we usually get alot.

I find we get more then oshawa, whitby, ajax, pickering.

· Registered
6,634 Posts
We got around 6cm here. Same goes some guys didnt plow and I dont know why cause it started raining and got really heavy. We picked up 2 new clients, that were snowed in and their plow guy didnt push. Side walks were really heavy. Kubota worked like a charm. And now its pouring rain and the piles are going. We plowed all our places.

Didnt stop snowing till about 9am here. It was kinda slower for us to finish today because alot of the places started getting cars ect.

I could put a buffet out of business im so hungry right now. Just finished playing with the dog in the rain.

· Registered
6,634 Posts
JD Dave;681398 said:
We plow one chinese mall and it's their busiest day of the year so it's a full plow on xmas and another mall has a Chinese Buffet and it's also there busiest day of the year. Are other places we have to make a loop around the buildings so security can drive around. With 5 kids I prey it doesn't snow on xmas.
Pacific Mall?

Hope you get time with the 5 kids. Now the day after.... bring it!

We have a carwash, gas station and sidewalks near downtown "christmas light displays" that all have to be done. but lots of salt should allow us time.

No kids. Its my dogs first christmas.

· Registered
6,634 Posts
JD Dave;681751 said:
No but apparently it's tourist attaction. There's some pond in the middle with a hut and everyone is always getting there pic taken in the hut with the water behind them. We have to push every bit of snow into a couple designated snow piles and it takes forever.
whatever makes the customer happy. might want to get yourself a picture of you in the hut

I deal with alot of oriential people in the computer business. I find once you build the relationship and gain their trust they are VERY loyal. I can here them now.

They cant say my last name so they call me mr d. "mr d you are num-er 1 cus-a-mer, we hurry yup for you!. .. HURRY YUP. Bring your truck we pack it full dont worry"

1 - 20 of 4723 Posts