Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My MM2 Straight blade has issues dropping down. Every angle and picking up etc works otherwise. Just dropping down. Sometimes it works many times is hesitates during the drop or won't drop.
I just changed the solonid and the S1 cartrige for the dropping down that didn't cure it.
The fish stik was bought in 1999. Before I spend $ 430 for a new one is there a way to test the drop without using the Fishstik? Mine is a 6 pin. I wish I knew someone who had one to borrow. It would only take a minute to find out for sure and look other places.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are looking to test the rest of the wiring without using the controller (since I realize I read your post wrong,) you can jump between the 12v+ and S1 pins inside that molex plug in the cab. It is still tricky but a little less so.
By doing that (without the controller connected) would it turn the system on and drop the plow?

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, there isn't anything to turn on - but yes.

If you are thinking about the module under the hood, it has nothing to do with the functions of the plow. The only thing it does regarding the plow operation is bring power to that connector from the controller.
What I'm thinking of what your telling me is if I jump the 12v pin (truck side) to the S1 pin it should drop down. This is without the controller connected. That would be easy sort of ..

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct. Obviously make sure everyone/thing is clear when you do.
Being I have to do it a few times as it's been intermittent to be sure it might be the controller side. Would jumping 12v pin (truck side again) to the pin to lift (not sure which one that is) I can raise and lower it multible times to do the testing?

· Premium Member
17,088 Posts
Being I have to do it a few times as it's been intermittent to be sure it might be the controller side. Would jumping 12v pin (truck side again) to the pin to lift (not sure which one that is) I can raise and lower it multible times to do the testing?
Not exactly - you'd have to jump both the S3 coil and the motor relay pin at the same time to make that happen. It's doable but nearly as simple.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks. I bought a used one that has been checked out. My Fish Stik s 23 yrs old and had it apart once cleaning the contacts and had the bezel around the buttons come off so maybe it's time. Plow is about 13 yrs old. I only do my large driveway,parking at home and the plow get's garaged and sprayed down with WD all the time. No need for a new one. Maybe I can find someone who's good at this one I have and solve it if the Fish stilk is not the issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts