1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

can switches be changed to joystick?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lcncapo, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. lcncapo

    lcncapo Junior Member
    from roch ny
    Messages: 16

    hey guys, i just bought an 80 chevy 3/4 with a meyers plow. it has switches for the in cab controls and i already hate them. im used to the western / fisher fishstick. can i change out these switches for a joystick or other contol or am i stuck? is there any way to convert to the western / fisher stick?

    thanks for the help!
  2. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

    You can change from the twin toggles to the single lever "Slik Stick" joystick. It will require a control harness change to do though.

    Slik Stik kit: Meyer p/n 08574 (with the hardware and mounting plate)

    Slik Switch only: Meyer p/n 22092 (switch only, no mounting hardware)

    Necessary control harness: Meyer p/n 15680

    If you have a place to mount the switch or you can fab up a mounting plate, buying the switch only will save you $30 or more.

    Using a Fisher/Western controller isn't doable without a major rework on the internal pc board as the controls function different between the Meyer and Fisher/Western stuff.