1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Can I add turn or angle to my old western pump?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pds0, Dec 18, 2014.

  1. pds0

    pds0 Junior Member
    Messages: 1

    Hi, I've got an old western pump that has a cable for lowering the plow only. I see there are a couple of plugged ports on the valve body. Can I use those to go to a diverter valve to turn the blade? If so, which port has pressure, which is return?

    Or can I add a turn valve to it? If so, what is it called? I can't seem to find anything about this.

    Thank you
  2. linckeil

    linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT
    Messages: 1,272

    if you have the pump i think you do (pics would help), it is over 50 years old and no, angle cannot be added to it. find a more recent cable control pump with the angling capability. they are everywhere, cheap, and great units when dailed in correctly.
  3. xgiovannix12

    xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,433

    dam I never thought those pumps still existed the ones with no angle :nod: