Can’t get Chassis Cabs or Bed Deletes

BrettStevens

Both are hard to come by in the GM color here if you want certain features. Guessing it’s the Covid.

So you buy one with bed and sell the bed privately. The body company says they’ll take it but probably better off selling private.

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
Both are hard to come by in the GM color here if you want certain features. Guessing it’s the Covid.

So you buy one with bed and sell the bed privately. The body company says they’ll take it but probably better off selling private.
Located in GTA.
They stocked them at the local CT last year. They a couple lbs heavier than the SnowPlows or would have got them.
You know what I find interesting, you said you’re in Toronto Canada, but you use the imperial system (which Toronto does not) and in Canada they spell color with a “u” you don’t.
You also talk all the technical info, disregard certain questions and ramble to get your point across.
You said you plowed with a ram and we’re going to get an electric f150.
What other forums are you on?

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
You know what I find interesting, you said you’re in Toronto Canada, but you use the imperial system (which Toronto does not) and in Canada they spell color with a “u” you don’t.
You also talk all the technical info, disregard certain questions and ramble to get your point across.
You said you plowed with a ram and we’re going to get an electric f150.

What other forums are you on?
I guess I'm a little slow, but what's his main point. Buy the truck and take the body off yourself. Not that hard. Or go purchase a real cab n chassis truck.

OP
B

BrettStevens

The point is that I forgot a question mark at the end.

haven’t taken a bed off and sold privately but I would imagine demand is good rather than surrendering it to a fixed price at the body shop.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Or go purchase a real cab n chassis truck.
Like this?

1957 walter.jpg

plow4beer

PlowSite.com Addict
I feel like @plow4beer did the same thing last year and had a tough time getting rid of the bed privately
I bought a complete bed take off from an upfitter….all I wanted was the tailgate. I sat on the bed for longer than I thought I would, but it was well worth it in the end, considering what I would’ve had to pay for a “tailgate only”... IIRC, Ended up selling the damaged tailgate with the takeoff bed.

plow4beer

PlowSite.com Addict
If your paying an upfitter to put a new bed on, then it’s worth it just letting them take the old off, and give you what they’ll give you for it….if your doing all the work yourself, sell the bed yourself...but I guess it’s how your time is valued.

the only way it’s worth us doing that kind of stuff in house, is if it’s winter or we’re really slow…otherwise we make more money doing what we do best, then pissing around in the shop with that kind of thing.

but then again, if your not paying employees, and your doing it on your own time “just because you want to“, then that’s different….go for it.

Top Forums