• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Cab Control Location

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
I put all mine on the left,i can shift/raise at the same time.I ususlly do not need to steer as im raising the plow,at a complete stop,and if im lowering it on the go-or chaging direction of blade while moving,my right hand goes to the wheel while i make the change.I plowed with them on the right,and i just think im more productive and less abusive on the trans on the left.

yardsmith

My 87 Silverado has a 94 Meyers plow w/ 2-switch controls. I mounted them under the steering wheel so that my left arm rests on my leg & controls are right there at the end of my fingertips, in a natural position (more or less).
My other Chevy truck ('79) with the older style Boss V-plow has 3-switch box mouted on upper left corner of dash, where the temp & oil gauges are, but it only covers the clock gauge (which is empty anyways).
This way I can lay my arm/elbow on the windowsill like having your arm out the window in the summer, only with the windows up, & it's still as comfortable with the window up.
I have them set up that way cuz I drive with my right hand/arm, being used to having my left arm out the window during mowing season. Creatures of habit, we are.
That's what works best for me.

Snow Pro

I guess it depends if you're left or right handed. Consider the fatigue factor. Put it wherever it's easiest to access.