Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vibrator worked flawlessly till this last snow storm. It started to chatter which in the past means one of the bracket bolts broke or were loose. So I grabbed a 9/16's wrench and tightened it and it went strong again and the chatter went away. Then about an hr later I seemed to have lost half the power of the vibrator. Is there such a thing?

I ended up getting the U code on the controller on the auger side. Which meant a short in the vibrator wiring. But if it was SHORT circuited it would work, or not I would think or intermittent. NOT half speed. Or if the fuse was bad, it would NOT work at all.

I pulled up to another truck with the same spreader and controller. I took off a working wiring set and plugged it into the questionable one and it was doing the same thing. So the wiring is checked, and the fuse is checked off the list.

Took off the rear cover and separated the vibrator connection and jumpered it, and it still didn't seem much power at all. Is the vibrator trash or what else can I try?

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
The vibrator worked flawlessly till this last snow storm. It started to chatter which in the past means one of the bracket bolts broke or were loose. So I grabbed a 9/16's wrench and tightened it and it went strong again and the chatter went away. Then about an hr later I seemed to have lost half the power of the vibrator. Is there such a thing?

I ended up getting the U code on the controller on the auger side. Which meant a short in the vibrator wiring. But if it was SHORT circuited it would work, or not I would think or intermittent. NOT half speed. Or if the fuse was bad, it would NOT work at all.

I pulled up to another truck with the same spreader and controller. I took off a working wiring set and plugged it into the questionable one and it was doing the same thing. So the wiring is checked, and the fuse is checked off the list.

Took off the rear cover and separated the vibrator connection and jumpered it, and it still didn't seem much power at all. Is the vibrator trash or what else can I try?
If you jumped the vibrator directly and there was no change, then either there is a problem still with how it's mounted, which should be obvious, or more likely, it's junk as you've already suspected.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried it again before taking it off.. turns out the bottom mounts broke off and that caused the top to loosen and it then it grenaded itself because of the extra vibrations. Ordered new ones online for 89 bucks instead of the store ones for nearly 200.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.