1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

business requierments in ontario

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by plow north, May 9, 2006.

  1. plow north

    plow north Member
    Messages: 32

    just a quick questions what are the proper licenseing registering requierments for a snow removal business just want to make sure my bases are covered.:dizzy:
  2. JohnnyRoyale

    JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,935


    All vehicles must have a CVOR, "Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration" you should re-register your vehicles to accept loaded salter weights, otherwise MTO will have a field day with you. Dont forget to remove your plate off the bumper and remount on salter-otherwise be prepared for a $130 fine. Youll need Commercial General Liability Insurance. Try to get clients to sign snow contract available on Landscape Ontario's website. If your an owner op-youll need WSIB waiver, otherwise clients will require WSIB clearance certificate. Some municipalities may require you purchase a liscence to do business in their town. Hope this helps.
  3. G.L. In Ont

    G.L. In Ont Member
    Messages: 63

    Good question and good answer

    Guys, I am looking to do some more commerical work this winter. Johnny, would you be willing to help me out -- I have lots of questions re: what you've already mentioned (CVOR, WSIB etc) as well as how best to approach property managers etc. to get the contracts.

    Consulting fee? :drinkup: =)

    Cheers, GL.