Snow Plowing Forum banner

Bullydog Tuner - Ford 6.7

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Mark13 
#1 ·
Anyone have one? Anything good or bad to say? I am feeling like I wasted a lot of money...

#2 ·
Pristine PM ltd;2097092 said:
Anyone have one? Anything good or bad to say? I am feeling like I wasted a lot of money...
Jon you need to contact DL motorsports in burlington!! He has done some amazing things with the 6.7L he wrote a tune in my 6L gm, based it on fuel eco, it is running around 18L/100kms now from 25-27... played with shift points and added 40hp.. it's alot nicer now.. he wants my 550 next!! Tells me he can nearly double the fuel milage and increase hp to over 425 and 900+ fp, as ford detunes the 450/550 trucks at 300?? I'm just not sure I need to blow the duallies off lol...

#5 ·
Pristine PM ltd;2097092 said:
They're a waste of time and money.

Spartan tunes or an SCT with Gearhead tunes. I have Spartan on my 6.7 F550 and it's great, I'll be trying Gearhead next to see which I prefer out of the two.

#6 ·
What year 6.7?

Bulldog, nah

#7 ·
How do you feel like you wasted money? Be more specific about what your disappointments are. You posted this in the right place. The guys on here told me where to go and what product to use, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

#9 ·
I downloaded the tunes, ran it, and felt the milage was worse. All I care about is saving gas, and I am more frustrated with my dealer telling me that I had to do more research on things, I had bought it because he made it seem like it was a set it and forget it situation.

#10 ·
Pristine PM ltd;2097412 said:
I downloaded the tunes, ran it, and felt the milage was worse. All I care about is saving gas, and I am more frustrated with my dealer telling me that I had to do more research on things, I had bought it because he made it seem like it was a set it and forget it situation.
Bullydog tuners where never a favorite for at least the 6.0 and up diesel fords. Much better stuff out there. Then again engines are not cheap so your going to want a proven tune for that power plant.

#11 ·
Pristine PM ltd;2097412 said:
Jon I will talk to DL for you this week!! Send that BD back! I tried BD and wasn't happy either... DL will download the trucks computer info and adjust engine mapping etc. And write the tune To what you want eco,mild,wild etc... his tunes keep all the factory safteys on the motor so you won't need to worry about kaboom! No dpf delete etc.. I will let you know once I speak to him.. after he does 1 you will want to do all the trucks!!

#14 ·
leolkfrm;2097503 said:
have one on my lb7 and works great, first thing i noticed is how it smooths out the tranny shifts...

definitely a power change with tunes
Wait until you get to drive a Duramax with good Efi-Live tunes. The BullyDog will go in the trash the second you get back to your truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.