Snow Plowing Forum banner

Built a Carport, Parked sander under it. Pics!

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  musclecarboy 
#1 ·
Built this for multiple uses, for now the sander fit's under it just fine.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The truck has a full water level load of mix in it.

See less See more
#4 ·
stroker79;678550 said:
my only question is, why didnt you build it long enough to cover the cab of the truck too? A tarp over the salter could do what the shelter is doing. Just curious is all.
Probably next fall I'll put 2 more longer posts out front, keep the same pitch and make it twice the size. Don't want to spend all my money at once. So far it stands me $640.00

#11 ·
I would definately tarp it to keep the blowing snow out of the sander.

#15 ·
I don't see why you couldn't. Just put a few more braces in the corners and double up the headers.

I load this thing like a pallet with the forks on my tractor so I don't need to hoist it up with chains. I can have it off in 5 min.

I also wired 3 lights on the back of the spreader. Two come on with my reverse lights via a plug I made that plugs into my trailer plug. The other one comes on when I turn on the conveyor.

#17 ·
I was thinking the same thing as midtownpc, but I thought I saw a goat in the back ground. Guess Timmy is thinking ahead for next mowing season. lol See what the economy does, lease out the goats a week at a time, eat them if he gets too hungry. lol

#21 ·
Turbodiesel;703340 said:
Thats funny , my salt works better when wet.
It's less apt to freeze up dry. Take a dry and a wet towel, lay them side by side on you're lawn overnight. The next morning, the wet one is like a piece of plywood while the dry one can be folded and put away.

I parked it under there last night empty, It was nice at 5AM when the bed chain was dry and free while everything else outside had 1/4" layer of ice.

#23 ·
Jay brown;703538 said:
might want to put some 2x4 or 2x6 cross bracing on three sides of it or just put some metal sides on it. it will blow over when the ground gets soft in the spring....
I drilled 1 foot dia holes, 4 foot deep with my 3 point hitch post hole driller. Then, I filled them 1 foot from the top with concrete.:salute:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.