Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using this rt3 smart hitch for the last 4 years on Commercial plowing. I bought it used. We just finished about 18 hours worth of work and I found the lower bracket from the plow to the chassis is cracked on the left and right side. I was thinking of taking it to a welder to patch together. Any better ideas out there from experience? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Tread

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
I've been using this rt3 smart hitch for the last 4 years on Commercial plowing. I bought it used. We just finished about 18 hours worth of work and I found the lower bracket from the plow to the chassis is cracked on the left and right side. I was thinking of taking it to a welder to patch together. Any better ideas out there from experience? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. View attachment 188707
Buy a new pushframe?

· Registered
7,368 Posts
I would think that's a pretty straight forward repair. Cut some structurally thick plate and weld it on . Obviously it's a high stress area, maybe use a professional to weld it for you.

Reactions: cclemen333

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Like other suggested, take to a good fab shop, they will know how fix it right. You should get it back with a fish plate / gusset that looks something like this outline.
View attachment 188728
Great info Scott, I always fish plate. Might as well fish plate both sides while your are at it cause you know the other one on the other side is going to do the same thing if this is a known weak point. This is fabrication and welding 101.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.