Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm tempted to put the plow away but, you never know. I want to sell my 2008 western 8' pro plus plow and controller. The 2008 truck needs too much work on it for me to continue to dump money into it. The plow fluids have been changed every year and still works perfectly. I would continue using it if it converted over to the new 2018 truck I bought, but it doesnt. So my question is : where do I go to sell it? And how much would I care for it? I appreciate any help anyone could provide. Thanks. Brad.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone. I'm tempted to put the plow away but, you never know. I want to sell my 2008 western 8' pro plus plow and controller. The 2008 truck needs too much work on it for me to continue to dump money into it. The plow fluids have been changed every year and still works perfectly. I would continue using it if it converted over to the new 2018 truck I bought, but it doesnt. So my question is : where do I go to sell it? And how much would I care for it? I appreciate any help anyone could provide. Thanks. Brad.

· Registered
15,923 Posts
If the plow is a 2008 model, I do not see why would fit a new truck.

Post pictures and how much you want for it

· Registered
15,923 Posts
It will not work on the new truck very easily, the new truck, two plugs is fleet flex. Best places to sell are Facebook Marketplace, and Craigslist. Put up a few pictures of it.
It will not work on the new truck very easily, the new truck, two plugs is fleet flex. Best places to sell are Facebook Marketplace, and Craigslist. Put up a few pictures of it.
I'll disagree with you on that one. In 2010 I put a 3 plug mid weight on a 03 Dodge Dakota. Them I put that plow a 2015 f150. What's Western only recommends the HTS which is a two plug. I just put that same plow on a 2019 f150.

The only thing I had to change was the headlight adapters.

The plow is still has the original cutting edge on, one of our branches used to the plow their lot.

· Registered
15,923 Posts
If the plow is a 2008, it should have a three or four mod.

I'm still running some my 2007 wiring on my 2018.

· Registered
17,157 Posts
I'll disagree with you on that one. In 2010 I put a 3 plug mid weight on a 03 Dodge Dakota. Them I put that plow a 2015 f150. What's Western only recommends the HTS which is a two plug. I just put that same plow on a 2019 f150.

The only thing I had to change was the headlight adapters.

The plow is still has the original cutting edge on, one of our branches used to the plow their lot.
I probably miss understood him, I thought he bought a new truck plow setup.

· Registered
4,475 Posts
Facebook market place

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the plow for the 2008 ford f -350. t's been used for every storm in NJ since then. It's been washed after every storm and garage kept by one owner. It's had it fluid changed every year. I'm just looking for a rough estimate on how much on would think it would go for?

Thanks

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Gas

Tree Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

· Registered
15,923 Posts
I'm guessing 2500 to 3K and the mount a couple of hundred.

Chicago area 2K

· Registered
1,172 Posts
It's very easy to retrofit your new truck to be three plug, all you have to do is change the battery harness and control harness, 29047 adapter, add a solenoid with the short lead to the battery and use your old controller

· Registered
4,475 Posts
you should list for like 3300 then if someone talk you down to 3k

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.