Snow Plowing Forum banner

Break Controller

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Quality SR 
#1 ·
I am going to hook up a Prodigy P2 break controller to my truck. I found two plugs under the steering wheel, both have 4 prongs. One is smaller than the other. Which one is used for the break control? I need to order a harness.
The truck is a 2010 Ram 2500

#8 · (Edited)
it should be located over by the parking brake.
Here is a pic of the pig tail for a tekonsha.

Automotive lighting Circuit component Gadget Font Cable

#9 ·
Can only up load one at a time

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

#12 ·
alldayrj;2094752 said:
BRAKE controller. Long island schools arent that bad
Funny you said that.

I kept imagining some really big older lady standing over the top of me counting the minutes for me to finish my cup of tea and a muffin, and that it doesn't go any longer than my 15 minute break would allow....:laughing:

#17 ·
Snow Commandor;2094780 said:
I'm not certain about 2010 Ram's but my 99 ram had a white rectangle shaped factory plug under the dash, just like the one in Snow Farmer's pics.
There is two plugs there, I know the OEM uses both. I found the harness online, but it hooks up to one of them. Just curious what the other one does. Making a 650 mile trip next week, want to make sure it will work.

#18 ·
Dogplow Dodge;2094799 said:
Just funnin ya man....:jester:

I'm curious as well, as my next new ride will be a new ram 3500. So I gots to keep myself subscribed somehow...Thumbs Up
Its cool. :drinkup::drinkup::

Make sure you think long and hard on your next ride, even more so if you're going with a diesel!!

#19 ·
Of coarse they couldnt make it easier like they used to.. Was simple for me on my 02.. Plug had a tag taped around it and said brake controller.. If your worried about it working hook it up and run a test light on your trailer connector and have someone run the manual overide and see if you get power out there..

#21 ·
Ramitt;2095063 said:
Of coarse they couldnt make it easier like they used to.. Was simple for me on my 02.. Plug had a tag taped around it and said brake controller.. If your worried about it working hook it up and run a test light on your trailer connector and have someone run the manual overide and see if you get power out there..
I hear ya! Thats what I am going to do, thanks for the info.

kimber750;2095066 said:
Tekonsha part #3021-P Same one Sno posted.
Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.