Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a SnowEx Speedwing last tuesday, and finally got to hook up and leave the dealer with it this tuesday. I immediately went to work and started plowing. After only using it for a couple of hours it quit raising up. I can move it left to right and detach and attach it but can not get it to raise on it's own. Took it to the dealer and when they contacted SnowEx, they were told that the 4way valve needed to be replaced, and probably had debris in it. So after waiting two more days for the new valve, it still does not work. I have now missed out on two sizable events in my areas getting to use this plow, luckily the meyer classic is still running strong. Any ideas as to what the issue could still be?

· Registered
7,944 Posts
Your dealer should be able to diagnose and repair any issues you have with a brand new plow. You should also go to the top of their "it needs to be fixed now" list if it's not there now.

I can't help you as far as what your problem could be. If it means anything, I've heard good things about the Speedwing/Prodigy plows. Hopefully they'll figure it out asap and you won't have anymore issues.

Good luck, NYH1.

· Registered
60,321 Posts

· Registered
7,944 Posts
Did you get your plow fixed?

NYH1.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NYH1,

Yes, sorry I didn't get this updated. My shop pulled the valve body completely apart and found some metal slivers holding a relief valve open. Works great now. Also, I had reached out to SnowEx about the issue and they sent me a ScrapeMaxx for my troubles. Looking forward to installing that and getting to use it.

· Registered
7,944 Posts
Glad to hear you're all set now. Keep us (me :D) posted as to how you like your plow. I've always liked the Speedwing/Prodigy plows. Never used one though.

NYH1.

· Registered
2,505 Posts
NYH1,

Yes, sorry I didn't get this updated. My shop pulled the valve body completely apart and found some metal slivers holding a relief valve open. Works great now. Also, I had reached out to SnowEx about the issue and they sent me a ScrapeMaxx for my troubles. Looking forward to installing that and getting to use it.
Same thing happened to me, metal shavings plugged up 2 valves. I had them replaced under warranty. I bought two valves to keep as spares, in case it happened during a storm.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same thing happened to me, metal shavings plugged up 2 valves. I had them replaced under warranty. I bought two valves to keep as spares, in case it happened during a storm.
I need to get a couple on hand as well. In general what I have been finding out is it has just been a one time thing for most people. It seems that the valve bodies are not being properly cleaned from the factory. Hop you continue to have luck with yours. I haven't had a single problem since it has been fixed

· Registered
2,505 Posts
I need to get a couple on hand as well. In general what I have been finding out is it has just been a one time thing for most people. It seems that the valve bodies are not being properly cleaned from the factory. Hop you continue to have luck with yours. I haven't had a single problem since it has been fixed
I heard the same thing. No other problems with mine as well, knock on wood. Good luck to you.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just an FYI, it doesn't happen often but I have seen it a few times on new plows. It's generally been a one time thing like Adkins experienced, I can't recall any recurring issues. Here's a picture of a piece I pulled from a valve on a Power Plow. It held the valve open just enough to keep the plow from staying raised, it would slowly drift back down. Before replacing the valve for good, look real close around the seal point inside and you may spot something holding the valve open. I was able to fish this out without taking anything apart. Had the valve out and plow running good in just a few minutes.
Coin Grey Nickel Silver Currency

· Registered
2,505 Posts
Just an FYI, it doesn't happen often but I have seen it a few times on new plows. It's generally been a one time thing like Adkins experienced, I can't recall any recurring issues. Here's a picture of a piece I pulled from a valve on a Power Plow. It held the valve open just enough to keep the plow from staying raised, it would slowly drift back down. Before replacing the valve for good, look real close around the seal point inside and you may spot something holding the valve open. I was able to fish this out without taking anything apart. Had the valve out and plow running good in just a few minutes.
View attachment 191507
I had to drop my plow off for service this week for this issue. Dealer told me they removed all the valves and inspected, no shavings found. He flushed it out and added new fluid. He told me it was probably a connection issue with the truck harness to the plow harness. Doesn't make sense to me. Well see if it happens again, if it ever snows this winter!

· Registered
3 Posts
I had to drop my plow off for service this week for this issue. Dealer told me they removed all the valves and inspected, no shavings found. He flushed it out and added new fluid. He told me it was probably a connection issue with the truck harness to the plow harness. Doesn't make sense to me. Well see if it happens again, if it ever snows this winter!
It certainly could be, those plugs take a beating and we go through a lot of replacement harnesses. Sometimes it's hard to tell because a loose connection or pin could cause just an intermittent issue. If the issues crop up again you can always find another SnowEx owner or go to the dealer and have them hook up to your plow and see if they get the same issues, then you can at least know if it's plow side or truck side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.