Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used blizzard 760lt older one no lights on the plow it came with nothing but the plow (hydraulic power unit and pivot cylinders on the plow) thought it would be easy to get the mount and light tower set up for a 94 chevy 1500 along with the controls and wiring but it is proving difficult so hoping someone here has the set up and can helpppppp. I know nothing about blizzard but they used to have a good name and now they seem to be fading away

Vehicle Combat vehicle Motor vehicle Watercraft Self-propelled artillery

· Registered
14,949 Posts
The mount would be the hardest part, the wiring and controllers are out there.

Personally, I would look for a different setup all together just for price and ease

· Registered
14,949 Posts

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Reactions: Avalanche 2500

· Registered
3 Posts
Bought a used blizzard 760lt older one no lights on the plow it came with nothing but the plow (hydraulic power unit and pivot cylinders on the plow) thought it would be easy to get the mount and light tower set up for a 94 chevy 1500 along with the controls and wiring but it is proving difficult so hoping someone here has the set up and can helpppppp. I know nothing about blizzard but they used to have a good name and now they seem to be fading away

View attachment 190443
The Blizzard name is gone but the brand didn't necessarily fade away, they just re-branded the Blizzard plow brand to SnowEx when they acquired Trynex. The Power Hitch plows have begun to fade however since they haven't been made for over 10 years. They discontinued most of the mounts, and stopped designing new ones sometime around 2008. Generally a new install for a Power Hitch plow runs about $1200 retail just for the parts. That's truck side wiring, solenoid, light adapter, and truck mount. The good news is, if you find and decide to get a mount, everything else on that plow is still sold by SnowEx and readily available. If you're looking to add the light bar, it's another $1000 for a factory new light bar and the factory light kit from SnowEx. But before you do that I actually have a new in box light bar I've been sitting on for a few years I'd be willing to let go for a great price, just let me know if you're ever interested.

· Registered
2 Posts
The Blizzard name is gone but the brand didn't necessarily fade away, they just re-branded the Blizzard plow brand to SnowEx when they acquired Trynex. The Power Hitch plows have begun to fade however since they haven't been made for over 10 years. They discontinued most of the mounts, and stopped designing new ones sometime around 2008. Generally a new install for a Power Hitch plow runs about $1200 retail just for the parts. That's truck side wiring, solenoid, light adapter, and truck mount. The good news is, if you find and decide to get a mount, everything else on that plow is still sold by SnowEx and readily available. If you're looking to add the light bar, it's another $1000 for a factory new light bar and the factory light kit from SnowEx. But before you do that I actually have a new in box light bar I've been sitting on for a few years I'd be willing to let go for a great price, just let me know if you're ever interested.
I am interested in the mount for a 94 K1500. IF you still have one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.