Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
760 Posts
Does the motor sound like it is working really hard like it is making pressure but it has no where to go? (Like pressing up when your plow is already at the top)
-or-
Does it sound like it is spinning faster than normal? (Not building pressure)

Are you trying to attach it to the truck or is it already connected?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does the motor sound like it is working really hard like it is making pressure but it has no where to go? (Like pressing up when your plow is already at the top)
-or-
Does it sound like it is spinning faster than normal? (Not building pressure)

Are you trying to attach it to the truck or is it already connected?
No it's not on the truck. Was trying to put it on to move it. Pump sounds normal as if everything is working fine. Just no movement. Doesn't make any sense. All functions on the controller do make pump operate normal as the smart hitch switch does also.

· Registered
760 Posts
To me this sounds like a ground problem then as @seville009 mentioned above, but it still could be an issue with the pump itself or intake filter as cwren2472 mentioned earlier.
I'd start with grounds (because it is easier) then move next to pump/filter.

Brown wire should loop from coil to coil and eventually pick up ground at the big black wire at the pump motor.
Pull back the spade connectors a little bit and check to see if you have ground at your coils with a test light not a meter.

@cwren2472
Odds were on the return of the OP...
Seems like so many of these kinds are one and done.
Guess I was wrong.

· Registered
760 Posts
On second thought...
Did you have any problems lining it up, or getting the screws back in when you installed the new pump motor?
If you did, or if someone else installed your new motor maybe you should pull it, and inspect the end of the pump shaft, and also the motor side for damage.
Not sure how they are coupled, but if something was misaligned it could have been eating itself over time.

I'd check the grounds first, then the motor and pump for damage, then inspect the wet side of the pump.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On second thought...
Did you have any problems lining it up, or getting the screws back in when you installed the new pump motor?
If you did, or if someone else installed your new motor maybe you should pull it, and inspect the end of the pump shaft, and also the motor side for damage.
Not sure how they are coupled, but if something was misaligned it could have been eating itself over time.

I'd check the grounds first, then the motor and pump for damage, then inspect the wet side of the pump.
I installed the motor myself. It went in easily and has run for several months perfectly. I disconnected the plow a few weeks ago and everything was fine. I went to hook it back up and this issue started.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
On second thought...

Also I noticed that the float wont release and allow the cylinder to move freely or at all. It does show float on the controller and allows the smart hitch switch to operate the motor but the valve is definitely not opening up and allowing the cylinder to move freely.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.