Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Guys, I got a Boss plow super V that was working fine all night and suddenly when dead, connections are clean, greased with dielectric grease and no corrosion. all fuse are good. with plow on the truck no light on plow, no power to any function and the remote light back light are off. unhook the plow cable and the remote back light come on. any suggestion where to start?

what is confusing me is the remote back light that turn off when the plow is hooked on the truck.

thank you in advance!

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i
I would check the big plug where it comes through the grill for damage. It could have gotten crushed while stacking and is now shorting some of the wires together.
it does look good externally, will go back at it tonight. I spend couple hrs looking at the wiring diagram to narrow it down to what could cause the remote power to go off. i believe the circled relay feed power to the remote. gonna start from there doing continuity check

Product Rectangle Font Schematic Line

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
i

it does look good externally, will go back at it tonight. I spend couple hrs looking at the wiring diagram to narrow it down to what could cause the remote power to go off. i believe the circled relay feed power to the remote. gonna start from there doing continuity check

View attachment 191374
That is what Markus suggested and it'll certainly prevent power to the control. You can see by the diagram though that nothing on that relay connects to the 13 pin connector, so plugging it in should not affect anything.

I would test the 9 pin connector under the dash to see if you are actually losing power there when the 13 pin plug is connected or if the control PCB is just shutting itself off in response to something.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is what Markus suggested and it'll certainly prevent power to the control. You can see by the diagram though that nothing on that relay connects to the 13 pin connector, so plugging it in should not affect anything.

I would test the 9 pin connector under the dash to see if you are actually losing power there when the 13 pin plug is connected or if the control PCB is just shutting itself off in response to something.
I was thinking something in the big plug affecting the ground to that relay. Thsnks I'll start with the 9 pin connector.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guys. Miss communication with my friend trouble shooting the plow. Power was off at the remote too when plow disconnected.

We fix it. Started at the 9 pin plug. No power there. When to the relays, No power neither.

Turned out the main power is connected to a 120 amp fuse which blew. Back on the road now. Thank you guys!

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was going to say where in the world is this fuse?
my body truck is a 2016 ram 2500 and it has 2 fuses mounted to the battery + pole, a 180 Amps for the starter and there was a empty 120 amps fuse stud beside for the starter one. the shop that installed the plow 2 years ago plugged the main power to it.

i was pretty shock that 120 amp fuse lasted nearly 2 season. ya I had a WTF moment too. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.