Snow Plowing Forum banner

Boss V plow on 3039R John Deere

12K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  XSKIER 
#1 ·
Been thinking about doing this for years...didn't relize till just now that boss acually offers a mount for doing this. I guess I've been under a rock. I know Steve from Fargo Snow had been making mounts for the bigger tractors to run 8'2s on but I always wanted to do one for the 3 series with a utv plow but this set up with the 7' v plow looks like a bad ass rig!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Asphalt Bicycle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tractor Vehicle

See less See more
#5 ·
Huh...had no idea Boss was making mounts either.

#10 ·
Thought the same thing, head gear looks like it can aboot a foot close to the hood, but maybe it needs to be set foward so the hood can be opened. Something else could have been the mfg cost difference to reduce the overhang.
Still a nice rig

#13 ·
Newbie, late to this post. With the Boss undercarriage mount installed, can you still hook up a loader? This is the exact set-up I've been hoping for on my JD 3046R, but it appears the undercarriage mount would prevent hooking up my H165 loader. I need to be able to regularly switch between the plow and loader.

#16 ·
Yeah right now it gets in the way.i put one on 2038r, but made own mount and then welded their pushbeam to it.
I made mine far enough back so I can mount and dismount mine with tractor side still on.
Now trying to get my front mb broom to attach to same mount
You wouldn't have a photo of your modified mount attached to the tractor, would you? I'd like to show them at the shop.

#17 ·
Not right now, it's up at friend that's going laser cut the hooks out for the broom. As soon as I can I'll get some pictures
I also mentioned to boss guys about that, maybe put a lil more thought in making their mounts, because would sell more if can also use the loader without taking off mount.
I know that with the accumulater, they never even thought about that with tractors, so assuming the loader is same thing

#19 · (Edited)
I pretty much used the same mount principle from the mounts I made for the 2 6series tractors that I have 10ft xts on with wings.
Use existing holes on the front of the tractor and the braced it on plate steel mounted back by loader quick tach mounts with a 2x2 tube across between the side plates. Then tacked the push beam on front and try loader.
Soon as I get the tractor back I will take pictures.
Mine has just a tube going across the front of the loader for the stand though

#20 ·
Been thinking about doing this for years...didn't relize till just now that boss acually offers a mount for doing this. I guess I've been under a rock. I know Steve from Fargo Snow had been making mounts for the bigger tractors to run 8'2s on but I always wanted to do one for the 3 series with a utv plow but this set up with the 7' v plow looks like a bad ass rig! View attachment 184631

View attachment 184632

View attachment 184633
Hello, sir. I PM'd you a few days ago, not sure if you're watching for them. I could use your expertise. I have a John Deere 3046r and want the exact set-up you show. Problem is, I use the H165 front end loader frequently, and it appears Boss's undercarriage mounted on the tractor hinders mounting of the loader. A couple of questions, if I may:

1. How difficult would it be to remove/reinstall the undercarriage to mount the loader, say every 3 weeks or so? In the attached schematic, it looks pretty involved - lots of bolts and plates. But, maybe only a few parts of the entire mount need to be removed?

2. If you're knowledgeable with how the loader mounts, do you think the current mount could be modified to work with a loader? Or, can you visualize a fully customized mount by a good fabricator?

I've also attached a photo showing how the loader mounts. It shows a grille protector with braces that will likely have to be removed to install the plow undercarriage, but I don't need it.

PS) any comments on how well this setup worked for you this past winter? Was the tractor heavy enough to handle the plow load?

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Recreation

Motor vehicle Green Plant Agricultural machinery Automotive tire
on there.

#21 ·
Hello, sir. I PM'd you a few days ago, not sure if you're watching for them. I could use your expertise. I have a John Deere 3046r and want the exact set-up you show. Problem is, I use the H165 front end loader frequently, and it appears Boss's undercarriage mounted on the tractor hinders mounting of the loader. A couple of questions, if I may:

1. How difficult would it be to remove/reinstall the undercarriage to mount the loader, say every 3 weeks or so? In the attached schematic, it looks pretty involved - lots of bolts and plates. But, maybe only a few parts of the entire mount need to be removed?

2. If you're knowledgeable with how the loader mounts, do you think the current mount could be modified to work with a loader? Or, can you visualize a fully customized mount by a good fabricator?

I've also attached a photo showing how the loader mounts. It shows a grille protector with braces that will likely have to be removed to install the plow undercarriage, but I don't need it.

PS) any comments on how well this setup worked for you this past winter? Was the tractor heavy enough to handle the plow load?

View attachment 192977
View attachment 192978 on there.
Hey, Song Dogger, good questions for a newbie. It's the off-season for this forum, might explain the lack of replies. I'm a newbie too, but let me give it a try.

First, here's a GIF of the H165 loader mounting and unmounting on the 3046r. Below that is a photo of 4x4Farmer's Boss plow undercarriage setup. Compare the two, and as you stated, the plow undercarriage gets in the way of mounting the loader.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Green Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Fender Bicycle accessory

Now, look at the bolts in the red circles and red ellipse in the schematic and photo below. If I'm seeing it right, you'd have to remove these 11 bolts to remove the plow undercarriage from the tractor frame before mounting the loader - 4 on each side, 3 on the front. All the other bolts appear to assemble the plow undercarriage to itself without attaching to the tractor, and shouldn't need disassembled to remove.
Rectangle Line Font Parallel Diagram

Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Mode of transport Fender

Access looks good with the loader off, so removing these 11 bolts shouldn't take a LOT of effort every 3-4 weeks. TO make it easier, set the plow undercarriage on blocks to position in place when installing or removing it.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will return to this post/forum someday and give their 2 cents worth!

#22 ·
I did undertake this undercarriage mount challenge on an old Deere 4320. It may be similar to the 3046R and 4066R, but I don't know for sure. There is about a 1" window of too close to steer, or too far to hit the loader stand. Credit to @cwren2472 for sending me the BOSS HTX mount to make it happen. I did not take any measurements of the mount, other than the critical 14" above the ground.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.