Boss V plow on 3039R John Deere

4x4Farmer

PlowSite.com Addict
Been thinking about doing this for years...didn't relize till just now that boss acually offers a mount for doing this. I guess I've been under a rock. I know Steve from Fargo Snow had been making mounts for the bigger tractors to run 8'2s on but I always wanted to do one for the 3 series with a utv plow but this set up with the 7' v plow looks like a bad ass rig!
Screenshot_20181007-082634.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-082657.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-082712.jpg

grnleafgrnscape

I made brackets to put a mount on my 2038r for a 6'6 utv plow and also have 10' vs with extensions on the 6420s.
The 2038r is so handy for sidewalks and doing parking stall in apartment complexes

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
Too bad it doesn't sit a little closer to the tractor. Looks like there could be a lot of stress on the front of the tractor with it out so far? Or would I be worried for nothing if I had this.
Thought the same thing, head gear looks like it can aboot a foot close to the hood, but maybe it needs to be set foward so the hood can be opened. Something else could have been the mfg cost difference to reduce the overhang.
Still a nice rig

Song Dogger

Newbie, late to this post. With the Boss undercarriage mount installed, can you still hook up a loader? This is the exact set-up I've been hoping for on my JD 3046R, but it appears the undercarriage mount would prevent hooking up my H165 loader. I need to be able to regularly switch between the plow and loader.

grnleafgrnscape

Yeah right now it gets in the way.i put one on 2038r, but made own mount and then welded their pushbeam to it.
I made mine far enough back so I can mount and dismount mine with tractor side still on.
Now trying to get my front mb broom to attach to same mount

grnleafgrnscape

I mentioned to one of the hydraulic guys at boss they should add an accumulater on the plows for tractors as they have no suspension to absorb the bounce going down the road. Take some of the stress off the frame and front end and better ride

Song Dogger

Yeah right now it gets in the way.i put one on 2038r, but made own mount and then welded their pushbeam to it.
I made mine far enough back so I can mount and dismount mine with tractor side still on.
Now trying to get my front mb broom to attach to same mount

You wouldn't have a photo of your modified mount attached to the tractor, would you? I'd like to show them at the shop.

grnleafgrnscape

Not right now, it's up at friend that's going laser cut the hooks out for the broom. As soon as I can I'll get some pictures
I also mentioned to boss guys about that, maybe put a lil more thought in making their mounts, because would sell more if can also use the loader without taking off mount.
I know that with the accumulater, they never even thought about that with tractors, so assuming the loader is same thing

grnleafgrnscape

I pretty much used the same mount principle from the mounts I made for the 2 6series tractors that I have 10ft xts on with wings.
Use existing holes on the front of the tractor and the braced it on plate steel mounted back by loader quick tach mounts with a 2x2 tube across between the side plates. Then tacked the push beam on front and try loader.
Soon as I get the tractor back I will take pictures.
Mine has just a tube going across the front of the loader for the stand though

Last edited:

Song Dogger

Been thinking about doing this for years...didn't relize till just now that boss acually offers a mount for doing this. I guess I've been under a rock. I know Steve from Fargo Snow had been making mounts for the bigger tractors to run 8'2s on but I always wanted to do one for the 3 series with a utv plow but this set up with the 7' v plow looks like a bad ass rig! View attachment 184631

View attachment 184632

View attachment 184633

Hello, sir. I PM’d you a few days ago, not sure if you’re watching for them. I could use your expertise. I have a John Deere 3046r and want the exact set-up you show. Problem is, I use the H165 front end loader frequently, and it appears Boss’s undercarriage mounted on the tractor hinders mounting of the loader. A couple of questions, if I may:

1. How difficult would it be to remove/reinstall the undercarriage to mount the loader, say every 3 weeks or so? In the attached schematic, it looks pretty involved – lots of bolts and plates. But, maybe only a few parts of the entire mount need to be removed?

2. If you’re knowledgeable with how the loader mounts, do you think the current mount could be modified to work with a loader? Or, can you visualize a fully customized mount by a good fabricator?

I’ve also attached a photo showing how the loader mounts. It shows a grille protector with braces that will likely have to be removed to install the plow undercarriage, but I don’t need it.

PS) any comments on how well this setup worked for you this past winter? Was the tractor heavy enough to handle the plow load?

Undercarriage.JPG

Loader Mount.JPG
on there.

Top Forums