Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals i am new to this site and i have a question here that i am hoping for some advice!! I been running an old meyer plow for over 20 years! Now the thing is i was given a 8.2 RT3 v-plow from my son! It came off a 2000 chevy 3500 dump truck and i have the mount and wiring! Can anyone tell me what years of chevy it would fit on and what are the chance of fitting a half ton! I plan on running the meyer plow and the boss plow this year! I would love to get a jump on this before it gets cold out!!! Thank everyone!

· Registered
14,949 Posts
That boss Vplow wont fit in a half ton

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
What years the mount fits depends on whether it was from a C3500HD or K3500, and when it was actually installed. But, regardless, as @dieselss said it definitely won't fit a half ton at all no matter what the half ton is.

You could probably purchase a mount for the half ton to fit that plow depending on what the truck is specifically - the 8.2 won't be recommended for it as it'll be quite a bit too heavy, but it would physically go on.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What years the mount fits depends on whether it was from a C3500HD or K3500, and when it was actually installed. But, regardless, as @dieselss said it definitely won't fit a half ton at all no matter what the half ton is.

You could probably purchase a mount for the half ton to fit that plow depending on what the truck is specifically - the 8.2 won't be recommended for it as it'll be quite a bit too heavy, but it would physically go on.
All i know about the truck it came off is a 3500 dually dump truck year 2000! I am a Dodge guy so dont know Chevys well! I did notice that a chevy 1500HD has different axels vs the regular 1500 so would an HD1500 be the same as a 2500? Thanks guys this search is frustrating lol!

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
You still haven't told us what the truck is specifically that you are trying to mount it on. But in any case, without knowing the specifics of the truck it came off of, it will be impossible to tell. My strong suspicion is you'll need to buy a new mount. So plan on that.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You still haven't told us what the truck is specifically that you are trying to mount it on. But in any case, without knowing the specifics of the truck it came off of, it will be impossible to tell. My strong suspicion is you'll need to buy a new mount. So plan on that.
Sorry there guys! Well it came off that 2000 chevy 3500 dually dump truck so i am going to look for a chevy truck then! I have everything for the chevy but the truck! What years of truck would this set up work on? I know i would need atleast a 3/4 ton truck but just need to know what years it works on so i can just use everything i have here without anymore headaches! I have the mount the plow and controllers with truck side wiring.. Again thanks guys for your help!

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Once again: if you only know that it was a "2000 3500", then it is impossible to tell you what it will fit. Impossible. I'll say it one more time and put quotes around it: "impossible."

K, with that said, maybe you should consider. Buying a $600 mount to fit your plow instead of a new truck to fit the mount? Just a thought

· Registered
85 Posts
Sorry, don't want to burst your bubble but everything is a headache! Especially a 10-15 year old plow. These guys know what their talking about. Trying to match a truck and headgear to your existing plow is going to be problematic. Wish you luck, you're better than me!

· Registered
968 Posts
I’m assuming a 2000 Chevy 3500 would have still been a classic body Chevy, which is the same from 88-2000 3/4 and 1 Ron trucks. Either way your wiring will work worse case you may need a mount. But I’d bet your mount would fit 88-99 Chevy and 99-2000 Chevy classic body trucks. Without any pictures or more info it’s hard to say for sure. But that’s my guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.