Boss T3 straight blade won't move!! ARRRGGGH!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by viniferaguru, Feb 2, 2011.

1. viniferaguru

viniferaguru Member

Sorry Guys; but I keep having this reoccurring problem with my boss plow on a Chevy 2500. After an easy plow; it begins to stutter and go off and on. Then it will eventually just quit moving all together. The lights operate and I have checked my connections. Just had a new solenoid put in 2 weeks ago. When I operate the stick it just "clicks" under the hood. My buddy said he thinks it is a grounding issue.. Your Thoughts:confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Weak connection on the power/ground cables somewhere between the battery and the pump motor. This includes right at the motor under the pump cover, the bumper connector, and the battery terminals. And if it's a self grounding motor (you didn't specify age/motor style) the motor is loose on the manifold. Or the motor is worn out.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

did you try the jumper cable trick?

4. OP
    OP
    viniferaguru

viniferaguru Member

jumper cable trick?? could you please let me know how to do this?? thank you

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

hook cables to power and ground on the battery. then to the motor. does it run?

6. OP
    OP
    viniferaguru

viniferaguru Member

Thanks so much B & B and No Lead.... followed all of your leads and advice and followed it back to a spent motor.. oh well.. at least we dodged a majority of that major storm... Hope you all are faring well and thanks again for the advice/ help