Snow Plowing Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
50,738 Posts
We've had a Ventrac 3400 and 4500 for quite a few years. The 3400 with all of its belts and idler pulleys, etc. has been a nightmare. Probably why they are discontinued. Get rid of the belts and pulleys and the 3400 is an awesome nimble cabbed machine. The 4500 has been reliable, so cheers to Ventrac for that, just is much larger.
Sooooo the 4500 doesn't have any belts/pulleys for the attachments?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
If someone can post pics of this unit when they can, or give their opinion on it once they have seen it first hand. We wont have any until at least October north of the border.

·
Registered
50,738 Posts
If someone can post pics of this unit when they can, or give their opinion on it once they have seen it first hand. We wont have any until at least October north of the border.
I might Noah guy with a couple pics...

Reactions: DeVries

·
Registered
300 Posts
The 4500 series the engine is in the front vs the 3400 which is in the back and is setup with pulleys, belts, pto throughout the underside of the cab which has been a nightmare. The 4500's engine is in front, completely different setup. One belt from the pto to engage the attachment pulley/belt. Contained under the hood. The 3400 is soo compact under the machine and exposed to elements. Idlers and pulleys are tiny. So many failure points.

At any rate enough of my ranting :)... The SSV looks like it has a similar "more" reliable setup for running its attachments like the 4500 does.

·
Registered
50,738 Posts
The 4500 series the engine is in the front vs the 3400 which is in the back and is setup with pulleys, belts, pto throughout the underside of the cab which has been a nightmare. The 4500's engine is in front, completely different setup. One belt from the pto to engage the attachment pulley/belt. Contained under the hood. The 3400 is soo compact under the machine and exposed to elements. Idlers and pulleys are tiny. So many failure points.

At any rate enough of my ranting :)... The SSV looks like it has a similar "more" reliable setup for running its attachments like the 4500 does.
I'm smelling what you're stepping in.

You are correct on the SSV.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts