Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’ve got a Boss salt spreader (manual hookup into the hitch) that has a completely corroded and non-functional motor and actuator (pt# tgs05898). Sadly, these run ~$700 new and I don’t feel like it is worth it to put that into a 20 year old salter. Granted, no other big issues, but this may be the beginning of the end…
Is there any place to buy these aftermarket or used? Or am I stuck buying the new oem ones at the unbelievably high prices?
Thanks,
Carter

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Are you sure the actuator is bad as well? The motor itself is reasonably priced - it's the whole gearbox assembly that makes it crazy. I seem to recall that their site makes (or made) it look like you have to buy it as a complete assembly but they do in fact sell the motor separately.

If the actuator is bad, I'm not aware of any AM replacement for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is all corroded. The gears are gummed up. All that. I’ve plugged the motor in to the truck and it doesn’t do anything (yes I’ve got power at the truck). I’m going to try and take a wire brush to everything and see if that helps any.
To answer your question, I do not know if the actuator itself is bad, but would hate to buy just the motor and end up needing everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts