Boss Plow cylinder(?) Clicks when i raise the plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Plow man Foster, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

The other day i was in the truck plowing with a boss Poly 9'2 V Just doing commercial lots and i realized it seemed like the cylinder was clicking as i raised the plow (to stack snow)
    Do you guys think it was just because of maybe like ice build up on it or maybe because the snow was heavy.....?

2. F-250 SD

F-250 SD Junior Member

I am not sure if it is supposed to, however mine does the same in heavy snow

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Cylinders groan howl or squeak, they don't generally click. Clicking is either something dry that should be greased or something loose that should be tight. Dry or worn pivot/attachment pins, loose/missing bolts on the plow or mount, truck suspension etc.

4. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I think its the ice buildup in the L channel at the bottom of the lift cylinder (bracket that supports it. Mine has been doing this occasionally since I bought it 4 years ago. This site helps get you looking over your equipment. I cleaned it out and it went away.

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Wow that is a brilliant analogy.

6. OP
    OP
    Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah well actually i think its either build up or just heavy snow! Because it doesnt do it all the time....especially if im just wind rowing

7. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Could be heavy snow, I'll try to lift some with no ice buildup and see if I hear it