Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to forum. I have a Boss DXT 9'2" that is giving me issues. When below 10 degrees the controller will not have power. I can start the truck and warm it up then it will turn on. Or if I leave it in heated garage it will work. Had dealer replace hand controller and same problem occurred. They said they do not know why it is happening. I left it outside after plowing in 8 degree weather. Left it out for 3 hours and then no power until warmed up. Any ideas?

Thanks

· Registered
8,294 Posts
Well this is a first. What circuit did they tap into for the switched ignition source? Have you tried keeping the control inside to see if it is a control issue or something else? Never heard of this before so just making guesses.

· Registered
146 Posts
just had this happen to me on an xt 9.2. was relay issue. cannot remember relay number but was one of the end ones.
smacking relay pack led me to look at relays, depending on how pack orientated end relays may be reversed (as in number 1 to 5) as looking at them.
swapped out relay and so far works in -12f weather no issues.
I did try swapping controllers from a hot truck, no fix.
but when warm....could not duplicate issue.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
That's pretty strange.

· Registered
146 Posts
was pain to figure out. most of time truck was warm before hooking to plow, few times it cold it happened.
tossed that relay into woods (I mean they will never find that body....) tossed spare in and been good ever since.
relays were old, and we all know electricity is pure magic from the devil himself....but yeah replacing that one (iirc was the end one that also drove grounds to truck/plow switch, caught it as had no grd at controller pin harness) has fixed it and has survived really cold temps. just checked and other day was -12 with wind chill -30 and worked fine immediately.
so....not saying is fix but if relays are few years old....cheap test and fix maybe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.