Boss HTX

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by theplowmeister, Dec 4, 2018.

1. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

Yes. I've converted a TJ mount. Wasn't easy.
    Then, I built a new mount that fit better.
    Also, the push beam width is different, so that had to be modified.
    You're basically building a mount.
    A good fabricator with some knowledge of snow plows and knowledge of truck frames can do it.

As stated by the counter jockey:laugh:, the YJ was discontinued before boss built sport duty and light truck plows.

2. TundraKing

TundraKing Junior Member

Thanks for the response. Thats good to hear. I’m pretty good with steel fabrication and have everything I need, so it should be a fun project! It doesn’t sound like there’s anything that should get in my way of doing this, so if it comes to fruition, I’ll be sure to post some pics.

3. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

The TJ mount plates really don't work at all. You'd be better off making your own. I believe I used 5/16' plate.

4. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Member
    from Chicago

I was looking on boss website for the mount and part # for the Jeep JL. I couldn’t find the application for it. Do you knjw what mount kit you used? Is there a specific JL one, or did you use the JK one

5. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

LTA11950B is the JL mount. The JK will not fit.

6. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Member
    from Chicago

Thanks. I’d really liked to add a plow on the new ecodiesel jl if I can

7. OP
    OP
    theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

they stopped making the YJ in 1995 Thats 25 years ago. How many would they sell?

8. OP
    OP
    theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The "JL" stands for Jeep Lightweight.. they made the frame lighter and the axles too. cant even put a plow on the 4 door model.

9. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

You have to get the Gladiator or a Rubicon if you want to put a plow on a 4 door JL.

10. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Member
    from Chicago

No wonder why boss selector didn’t let me choose a plow. Thanks for the heads up

11. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

The pieces will still bolt up to the 2dr Wrangler JL without any issues even though the product selector doesn't list it.

12. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Member
    from Chicago

I’m sure they will, just if it’s not applicable to that certain model I worry about warranty

13. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Going through the Boss plow selector a 2 door JL Sport with either the 2.0L or the 3.6L will accept the 7' HTX.

14. Buckeyebutch

Buckeyebutch Junior Member

Wow I guess the value of my TJ will hold for a few more years.
    I went to Phoenix and bought a two owner 100% stock Y2K Sahara 4.0L auto 140K mi. two yrs. ago this coming March. Drove it back to Ohio put a Boss HTX on it.
    I plow our apartment complexes with it lots of nooks and cranny's so far not a single problem.
    We have a HD2500 8' Myers for anything the TJ cant handle, but haven't used it for plowing since I got the TJ.

theplowmeister and EWSplow like this.