Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new boss DXT I’ve plow 3 times with it. so it probably has a little less than 20hr of pushing on it. sometimes it doesn’t want to pick the plow up I hear the motor trying but nothing happens so I drive a little forward a little back sometimes I move the wings and then it works.

Also this is only happening if it’s been parked and sitting for a few hours once I get it to pick up then it’s fine.

Any idea what it is, hoping it’s a quick fix and I dont have to take it to the dealer

· Registered
7,844 Posts
Only solenoid is on the truck side. Not one on the plow it’s self. Sounds like a coil is not energizing to allow fluid to flow to lift the blade. Have you tried a different controller?

Under the cover, check for power going to the white wire when you hit lift on the controller.

· Registered
760 Posts
It can stay up overnight no problem.
You may want to throw a jack or some stands under it just in case.

On a side note did you check the connectors in the cab and at the grill?

· Registered
58,697 Posts
The only time our plows are down is if we're plowing or working on them.

They never freeze to the ground.

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
@cwren2472 saw this thread but didnt weigh in because being brand new, he should be taking it to his dealer.

My guess is either a valve sticking or, more likely, a bad/loose connection being jostled when he drags the plow on the ground but in either event, he should have his dealer check it before screwing with it and risking voiding the warranty

· Registered
58,697 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.