1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss discontinues straight blade xt super duty blades

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ColumbiaLand, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Do to lack of sales and interest it has been told to dealers that straight blade XT super duty blades will no longer be available anymore.

2. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

So are there gonna be deals on remaining stock or the oppisite because they are nla?

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Very limited quantities left over from last year were available this preseason, we did not order any however

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

call me dumb but is this superduty straight blades or is this another model they have?

5. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I doubt I ever saw more then one straight XT around here. I do see tons of VXTs though.

I'll be seeing one in my driveway soon too.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Boss added a second shock absorber, and a taller cutting edge. Otherwise the plow was the same.

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

They should just add those features to the standard Super Duty plow.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I agree, or make them options for the super duty straight blades.

9. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

Oh ok so they are going to stop producing so much of the standard v and more xvt then?

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

No this is the XT straight blade we are talking about.

11. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

12. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The XT was a little bit taller than the super duty I believe

13. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Yup. The XT was at 31 inches, similar in fact to a Western Pro Plow. I was also informed by a dealer that the cutting edges were made of a better quality, more wear resistant material.

14. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

To be honest though, is there really a need for straights anymore? The only people who use them in a big way today are city street plowers, and I don't think you would want to plow city streets with a full blade trip plow. With V's and expandable wings on the market, I think the days of the straight are over. It's obsolete now.

15. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I don't see the straight blade ever going away... They are simple and effective. The V's and expandable plows are faster for sure and Our next one will be a V but something is to be said for simplicity and reliability.
    Robert

16. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

I wouldn't exactly say a boss V is complicated at all. An expandable wing on the other hand...

17. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Damn,,,I thought they looked bad ass. And I concur I highly doubt you'll ever see the striaght blade go away,,,,if and when I ever get another super duty daily driver I'll be putting a straight on it,,,,simply because its what a plow truck should look like.

18. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

You'll always see straight blades. I'd like to see my buddy take a V plow of any brand and go plow the logging roads he does with his straight blade HD :laughing::laughing:
    Straight plows have their place as do the the V plows.

19. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Wait, boss made straight blades? next thing you're going to tell me is western makes v-plows.

20. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Rest assured, western does not make V plows LOL