1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat s70Mini skid 4 in 1 bucket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Goodnyou, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Freshwater

Freshwater PlowSite.com Addict

2. Freshwater

Freshwater PlowSite.com Addict

Goodnyou , please read the thread "plow or bucket for sidewalk skidsteer". it's half way down here in the heavy equipment forum. I'd love to get your opinion on some of the questions asked in that thread, as someone who has one of these small skids. It's a great read, lots of topics covered. Lots of guys have found good ways to use smaller machines whether skids or tractors.

3. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng Senior Member

Goodnyou,
    In your post on the other thread you indicated you had a blower for your machine. Could you load trucks that way, or is it not strong enough?

4. Goodnyou

Goodnyou Junior Member
    from Boston

Pretty disappointed with the blower .i wish I didn't buy it for 5 grand . It will do ok with fresh light snow and powder . I've Tried to load with it . First I plowed into a pile . Then hit it with the blower but it just gets clogged up . Granted we get a lot of wet heavy snow here . Not so much light and fluffy . I have a couple Honda track machines that could load a truck much faster. I thought the blower would be at least as productive as hondas . I don't think the machine has enough hydraulic flow . On the high flow machines blowers are awesome . My machine also has a bad valve that stays open limiting power . I didn't realize it until a buddy drove it and pointed out something is wrong . That was late nov. had an appointment to fix that in feb but it snowed then and I blew it off It just went into the shop to get that fixed . Also had it overheat last week . It got into the yellow and some coolant came out the cap and I shut it down . Let it cool and it wouldn't even turn over. I'm hoping it's something minor Only 150 hours on it . Barely broken in and 3 months out of warranty