Blue lights

Asoloduik

Hi everyone. I work for a local property maintenance company as an operator on a s650 bobcat with a 9' pusher blade. I only plow private apartments and complexes. I was recently pulled over in the middle of the afternoon. Sunny skies just doing the last of my run. I was given a warning g for no slow moving sign on the rear and was given a ticket for not having a blue light. I've since done some research and I'm a little confused. Is this ticket justified? Almost seems like a grey area. Any advice would be awesome thx

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
You will have to check the code in your city,providence.
Most places in the states red and blue flashing lights are only for law enforcement, fire and EMS vehicles.
The SMV triangle is easy enough to bolt on the back.

Hydromaster

PlowSite Fanatic
Sounds like an equipment violation hand the ticket to your employer.
What are you driving between lots on the city streets are the public sidewalk?

Do they give you a time where you can fix it then show the repair Then have the ticket dismissed?
you’re just caught in the middle.

Your employer should make this right.

OP
A

Asoloduik

Sounds like an equipment violation hand the ticket to your employer.

Do they give you a time where you can fix it then show the repair Then have the ticket dismissed?
you’re just caught in the middle.

Your employer should make this right.
Oh I did hand it to the boss. He wants to fight it. Hes in the same boat I am. The wording of the hta leaves grey area

Mr.Markus

PlowSite Fanatic
I believe its an amber light now, most of the upfitters are steering contractors away from the blue lights. Even in our small town the move towards tractors and skids is starting to snarl traffic during snow events. I want to see more of them pulled over...LOL
I mostly use a truck, the bloop gets turned off on the road. If im in my tractor the bloop is always on...
There are lots of guys here that even on their trucks the bloop is on all the time along with their salter lights just blinding traffic.
The next common charge for tractors/equipment will be not having tires rated for road use.
Sorry about your run in, it is disconcerting when you have a job to do, it sucks and is an expensive lesson, but thats what its designed to be...

You can be ticketed for not having a reflective triangle while roading a machine. You should have a amber light it's the law here. Never the less I think you should of just had a warning all the way around with no tickets.

Rookie cop or a tyrant is what you ran across. I'm assuming the ticket is in your name, I agree with giving the ticket to your boss but make sure he handles it. In reality it is the driver - operator to make sure the equipment is safe and abiding by local laws. Good Luck

Top Forums