1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard wing cutting edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by extremepusher, Feb 11, 2017.

1. extremepusher

extremepusher Senior Member
    from west mi

Is there somewere I can get cutting edges for the wings on Blizzard plows besides the dealer?

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Way cheaper then the dealer

4. extremepusher

from west mi

thanks guys, will check it out

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Really? That's our price too. What do they get for them by u?

6. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Winter equipment + Carbide edge and curb guard on mine lasted years!! My wings always wore like mad.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I still prefer the urethane edges on the wings and steel moldboard edge, but after replacing 4 sets this year, starting to wonder if I can afford to run Blizzard plows anymore.

If I was running steel, I would definitely add the Winter Equipment carbide edges, otherwise you're going to run them down in no time, especially with a winter like last and this.

8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I've been running a 5/8 main edge, and on the wings a stock mild steel wing edge, with an AR steel doubler plate (same width as the edge) welded on. On top of that I've been bolting on a 2" thick piece of recycled urethane. In this configuration, I'm getting 2.5 to 3 years on a set of edges out of the 8611lp's (average 15 plowable events, 20 hours per event). Did the same configuration on the 8611 full size I bought this year, we've plowed 10 times so far, and it shows very little wear.

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I may be thinking the slide boxes sorry.

10. Mark Oomkes

We're getting about a season and a half oot of the Ebling moldboard edge and OEM urethane edges. But with a year like last and this, we're plowing a lot of relatively bare pavement.

The one steel winged 8611 we had did have a bent wing. Haven't had any slidebox or wing issues with the urethane wing edges. But the pricing is getting stoopid.

11. extremepusher

from west mi

Thanks Guys . There telling me 348 for a 3/8" set and 456 for a 1/2" set

12. bliz&hinikerDLR

Must be the 8611 wing edges ...low pro I mean

13. extremepusher

from west mi

14. Mark Oomkes

So just oot of curiousity.....what would a set of Polar Edges\OEM poly edges for an 8611 run me? You can PM me if you would rather. Part #AB05-61541

15. extremepusher

from west mi

Mark Have you used the ones Ebling makes? How well do they would up?

16. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Or just fix your own, Ive had good luck by just filling in the worn wing blades to make them scrape flat in straight blade position. fill in the worn areas with some T1 or QT weld it in nice , grind them flat on the front and add a 4" high piece of old cutting edge or, what would be even better might be something 3/4 " thick or so

17. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Has been for a while on the polar edges. Which is why I went to the slabs of recycled urethane. Still expensive, but no where near as outrageous as the polar edges. Still worth it for preventing damage running curbs, wearing longer, etc.

18. bliz&hinikerDLR

List on the Blizzard poly wing edges for a full size 8611PP is $1000 bucks. I would sell at a better price than that of course, but probably not much different than Ebling would. And maybe you can get them from Polar for a heck of a lot less than that. I have never checked.

19. extremepusher

from west mi

So tried posting pics, but didn't work. But we took old wing edges and had 5/8" harden cutting edge welded to the old edges. So we will see how they hold. They did 2 sets of wings for $300.00

20. Hoshiwaa15

Hoshiwaa15 Junior Member

A couple of buddies stick weld 1/2 AR400 plate to the wing cutting edges to slow down the wear drastically.