Blizzard-Western swap

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by LapeerLandscape, Jan 12, 2015.

1. fireside

fireside PlowSite.com Addict

Well my original setups used standard blizzard lights I just used the ph1 ford 550 (8611)adaptor kit. I have since changed to new style light so it’s a direct plug in. The switch in the cab for plow lights now needs power instead of ground in the ph1 to switch from plow to truck lights. As for the plow plug I have two plugs new and old no big deal to me

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

A Bliztern?

Westard?

Were you in Kazoo when this thought crossed your mind?

3. OP
    OP
    LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite Fanatic

My mind may have been in Kazoo.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Here is my foray into blizzard adapters, jeep Wrangler JK western ultramount with a cut down blizzard push beam.

Hydromaster and Mark Oomkes like this.
  6. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I like the use of the angle iron for the adaptor. Looks good.

fastjohnny likes this.
  7. NYH1

NYH1 2000 Club Member

Aren't the newer Western and SnowEx plows interchangeable by swapping the adaptors that mount to the plow frame on the truck?

NYH1.

8. OP
    OP
    LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, western, snow ex and ph2 blizzard

NYH1 likes this.
  9. NYH1

NYH1 2000 Club Member

I wish they also interchanged with Fisher. I kind of dig the Western Prodigy and SnowEx Speedwing.

NYH1.

LapeerLandscape likes this.
  10. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Well that is very interesting, never been around a power hitch 2 so really never got to look at them,
    Gets me thinking now , my old 810 is looking a little tired , wing is stuck out looks like the cover plate at the knuckle has ripped off and jammed behind the wing holding it out in wing position, still got a spare 8100 until i get around to fix it but what if:
    tried to find another spare 8100 or 8611lp ph1 but around here they arent readily available for around 2200$ for shipping i can import one from ontario but that on top of the blade cost is getting near cost prohibitive
    I can now put on a ph2 mount and get a newer ph2 blade , and still push my PH1 around, I like the toughness of the PH1 mounts ,
    Also heard you can mount the ph2 bullboard onto a PH1 A frame, now that is what i would like someone to be more specific on the process of doing this is it as simple as just bolting it up , hoses seem as though they would be same to same

11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes...

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  12. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

center pin drop in 2 bolts on the pivot frame to blade , hook up the hoses , and call it good all done?
    step up to a 8611lp while i'm at it. That easy wtf

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes

Green mentorship and dieselss like this.
  14. Green mentorship

Green mentorship Banned

I'm told the 8611low pro moldboard are wider at the mounting point than the 810s. I have 11 PH 1 blades that we're slowly having ebling redo for us. Less than half the cost of new ones and a better mount that I already have on a ton of my trucks. If the moldboards are the same then I'm totally switching all my 810s to low pros.

fastjohnny likes this.
  15. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

The A frame and pivot beam are wider on the 8611lp, the lift and angle cylinders are larger, many parts are heavier duty.

Green mentorship likes this.
  16. fireside

fireside PlowSite.com Addict

8611 LP ph1 the first generation were great the second generation didn’t hold up at all most bend and twisted them self to death. I had two and went back to trusted 810’s

17. Green mentorship

Green mentorship Banned

Ebling sent me these pics of my rehabs. I dont think anyone can find a better value than rehabbing the old low pros and 810s. What tanks. I ripped a wing edge off an 810 last night and it kept on trucking all night like nothing happened.

LP2.jpg

LP1.jpg

18. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Are those new wings? How are they so straight yet if not? I agree on rehabbing the older ones. We are planning on redoing a few this summer.

19. Green mentorship

Green mentorship Banned

New old stock moldboards onto our existing A frames

20. Western1

Western1 PlowSite.com Addict
    from MI.

What’s the freight from Ebling to Hawaii?

LapeerLandscape likes this.