Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plow stopped lifting during plowing went out to auto lift and it detached from truck got it home took it off went to reattach and it will not raise and grab truck even tho it makes noise like it wants to. So I tried to move it left and right no go it is stuck in the right angle and tries to move and makes noise I am so desperate to fix snow is almost here and I'm stuck. Help please

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Did you check the fluid?

PH1 or 2?

· Registered
6,188 Posts
Organism Font Line Art Parallel
I don't know what plow you have but I lost the latch pin thingy while plowing and the plow wouldn't raise. i couldn't tell what happened until dealer told me to check the pin. I bolted it up permanently. I had a 2007 8611LP

· Registered
774 Posts
Audio equipment Gadget Cable Gas Electrical wiring

It's this dang thing
Frequently they can get loose... but if they are loose you'll have to replace them eventually anyway
Sooometimes it's just the wire connections with corrosion or salt/moisture

For a while I ended up with a collection of those off plows guys were ditching

Now it became too hard to get parts after a while
You can find occasional blizzards around here, but usually it's their cousins/off spring now

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 190337
It's this dang thing
Frequently they can get loose... but if they are loose you'll have to replace them eventually anyway

You can find occasional blizzards around here, but usually it's their cousins/off spring now
View attachment 190337
It's this dang thing

What are these called?

· Registered
774 Posts
Rectangle Line Font Parallel Diagram
What are these called?
Man
I could have sworn they were called an S coil but that doesn't come up when I google it

Coil and solenoid do.

The above pic/schematic explains why I refer to them as S coils.. it's their location/designation (S1,S4...)
Whenever I asked for the part and called it an S coil, I got what I wanted so someone else must think they're called that too.

Anyway
Take that black plastic dog house off the plow behind your blade , they're hiding in there with everything else

· Registered
774 Posts
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Circle

Here's what they all do , so you can wiggle/check/replace (or even sometimes just thaw) the right ones that aren't doing what you want.

IIRC most of them are interchangeable so you can swap them to trouble shoot (ie if you left wing is working and your right wing is not , you can switch s positions and if your wing now works you know it's the coil)

I haven't run a fleet of blizzards since 2013 so I'm a wee bit rusty... but these S COILs used to drive me nuts...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.