Blizzard 8100pp

Niteman9

I am looking at 2002 F-350 with a Blizzard 8100pp. Owner said he used it this winter and it quit working so he parked it. He did not troubleshoot at all. I am not familiar with the 8100pp at all. I have a 810pp on my truck. I noticed it has a couple of electronic modules. A power module and a isolation module. How common is it for these to fail.

Also the valve pack seams to only have 3 solenoids. how does it run up, down, left, right, wings in and out.

SilverPine

I have 2. Controller and modules are original, 1 is 4 years old, the other one is 1 year old. They have their issues though.
Well, snowex, pretty darn close to the same thing.

Last edited:

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
I am looking at 2002 F-350 with a Blizzard 8100pp. Owner said he used it this winter and it quit working so he parked it. He did not troubleshoot at all. I am not familiar with the 8100pp at all. I have a 810pp on my truck. I noticed it has a couple of electronic modules. A power module and a isolation module. How common is it for these to fail.

Also the valve pack seams to only have 3 solenoids. how does it run up, down, left, right, wings in and out.
It doesn't have 3 valves, you are just only looking at the 3 visible on top, the rest are below the power unit

Attachments

OP
Niteman9

Niteman9

Thanks I noticed that after posting this.
So I bought the truck. It's actually is a 86110LP. The plow doesn't work. The power light on the controller is flashing. I've read it could be the security gaurd feature. The plow and controller are marked with truck type. I think the PO may have tried changing the power module. (there was a second power module in the truck). Or just a bad connection somewhere.

Right now I would like to get it off the truck. whats the best way to get this done. I have 12V on the solenoid and the motor runs when I jump the solenoid.

I've found the electrical schematics for the truck side but came find one for the plow side. Does anyone have a copy of one.