Snow Plowing Forum banner

Blade and A-frame weight

949 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Diesel_brad 
#1 ·
I am looking for a suitable blade for my 6'6'' SUV blade.

I bought the plow about 8 years ago and modified the mount from a 94 ranger to fit my 04.
Also put a NEW Blade and cutting edge on, lights, plow side harness. And added some wings angled forward that bolt on to make it 7'6"

Well I guess 8 years has taken it toll on the blade, I have rot in the boxed sections.

The way the A-frame pins to the blade is also an inferior design.

I would LOVE to ditch the SUV blade/A-frame and either get the standard 6'6" blade/A-frame & add my wings or get a lighter 7'6" and use that(or possibly cut that down and put my angled wings on)

So what I am asking, what does a regular 7'6" blade weigh?? I assume the 3 spring blades are the heavier for-plow? any idea what the 6'6" blades weigh?

#7 ·
I found this chart . It is an older chart so I will assume it is for the older plows which were heavier metal (standard 7.5' blade was 11ga, current contractor blade is only 12ga)
It appress my SUV 6'6" plow was 425lbs
the standard 6'6" plow is 560
the standard 7'6" blade is 590

SO the standard 7.5 is only 30lbs heavier than the standard 6.5 so I should be ok with the 7.5

View attachment 142757

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.