Snow Plowing Forum banner

Bidding Help on Office Complex

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  2COR517 
#1 ·
So here is the picture of the office complex that is taking bids. They only want the walks salted or the parking lot in ice storms only. They want the bid as a monthly price with a 2" trigger. Also, I am bidding on the complete property management for the year so the plowing part is only a 1/3 of the total bid so usually I will find the total for the year and minus 15%. I have 1 truck with an 8 foot plow and 1 snow blower for the walks. I came up with approximately 80,000 square feet or almost 2 acres. I believe that we average 12 events per year of 2 inches or more and another 2-3 ice storms. What would you guys bid this job at?

Building Engineering Machine Auto part Urban design

See less See more
#2 ·
The way the lot is shaped will help you. For the most part you don't have to carry the snow very far, and can make nice long runs. You will be able to make circles around the big building, which will offset the time you will spend frigging around with the chopped area by the small building. I would allow 2 hours or so for plowing, no idea for the snowblowing. 1/2 hour? Full hour?

For salt, about a ton per app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.