1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

best setup for led backup lights

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by djbinding, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Tberrylawn

Tberrylawn Member

Yea I didn't want them wired into my back up lights. I have them on my aux switch. Ill take a pic of my set up in the morning.

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite Fanatic

Which rigid lights are under the bumper?

3. Tberrylawn

Tberrylawn Member

Rigid dually floods

4. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

Flushmount leds, only way to go. I wire mine into the factory "Aux" switch along with the reverse lights. I only manually turn them on when salting. Nice having them automatic, but you need to run a diode inline to keep the power from going back up the reverse wiring. Very easy to cut into the bumper of a stock truck, this bumper sucked because it was 1/4im steel, but allowed me to drill and tap the holes. FB_IMG_1515720394011.jpg

FB_IMG_1515720394011.jpg

5. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite Veteran

On the truck in the picture they're wired to a 3 way rocker switch. On my other truck they're wired into my upfitter switch.

Bumper lights.jpg

6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite Fanatic

Hey...that spreader looks familiar!

7. JustJeff

The salt in the bed too?

8. John_DeereGreen

Well...there's snow on the ground so I was hoping it was more snow than salt and wasn't going to say anything...

9. JustJeff

It actually might be. I didn't look that closely since I'm not driving that truck this year. I know they billed me for two hours of shoveling salt out of the bed of my new truck today when they were working on the spreader, lights, and installing the air bags though! :)

Airbag and spreader receipt_0001.jpg

10. On a Call

On a Call 2000 Club Member

Any photos ??

11. On a Call

hmmm....two hours :) LOL..slow workers.

12. JustJeff

13. On a Call

very nice....other than you " Go Blue "

14. ktfbgb

ktfbgb PlowSite Veteran

I cant believe that they bill using the nickname of a guy. Sorry but I’m not sure I want Buck Wild Mike touching my truck lol.

15. Brndnstffrd

Brndnstffrd Senior Member
    from CT

At least he didn't get Drunk Dan

JustJeff, Mark Oomkes and BUFF like this.
  16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

As long as Ben Over doesn't write the invoice does it really matter who worked on the truck........

17. John_DeereGreen

The spreader I put in my truck, the hopper is 72" long. Bucket I'm loading it with is 78" and after running 30 tons through it in the last couple weeks, there was less than 2 5 gallon buckets in the bed...

You need to come take the "Grand View Operator's Training" course...cost...$5000.00...includes nearly new 8'2" DXT with wings upon successful completion.

:laugh::laugh:

JustJeff likes this.
  18. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

The omes i posted are the 20$ niilights. No need to spend 5x as much om rigids for backup lights, these are PLENTY bright

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So you're only using a portion of the buckets capacity to load then?
    If so you're adding time to the loading process.

20. John_DeereGreen

The bucket is longer than the hopper...if the bucket were filled full, the last 6" would either be dumped in the bed of the truck or on the ground behind the spreader