Best plow for 2019 Dodge Ram

Bluejoe

Hello Members, I purchased a 2019 Ram quad cab , short bed 2500, It has snow plow prep package, tow package 410 gears, Looking to find which brand would best work on my truck. I was told Dodge setup allows easier install of plows. Any assistance would be grateful. Thanks

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
I was told Dodge setup allows easier install of plows.
Depends on your point of view. Dodge does provide wiring for the plow which eliminates the need to pull the headlights to connect it to the plow harness, but their front end makes the installation of the mount easily among the worst in the industry. The 2019+ is a little better than previous model years though.

Hello Members, I purchased a 2019 Ram quad cab , short bed 2500, It has snow plow prep package, tow package 410 gears, Looking to find which brand would best work on my truck. I was told Dodge setup allows easier install of plows. Any assistance would be grateful. Thanks
You will get varied opinions but here is my two cents. I’ve run Fisher, old Meyers, Snow Dogg. I have firsthand knowledge of people running Western and Boss on the 19 or newer Rams. Dealer service is priority 2. Your comfort is priority 1. I went back to Fisher after experimenting with SnowDogg to try and save coin. Wasn’t worth it.

SD is a quality product but some handicappes over Fisher like slower/more difficult mounting and lower quality parts in some areas.

I like Fisher. 1. High quality. 2. Good local dealer service. 3. Fleet flex! 4. Full line of plows. 5. Easy resale of the plow units when I’m done with them.

OP
B

Bluejoe

You will get varied opinions but here is my two cents. I’ve run Fisher, old Meyers, Snow Dogg. I have firsthand knowledge of people running Western and Boss on the 19 or newer Rams. Dealer service is priority 2. Your comfort is priority 1. I went back to Fisher after experimenting with SnowDogg to try and save coin. Wasn’t worth it.

SD is a quality product but some handicappes over Fisher like slower/more difficult mounting and lower quality parts in some areas.

I like Fisher. 1. High quality. 2. Good local dealer service. 3. Fleet flex! 4. Full line of plows. 5. Easy resale of the plow units when I’m done with them.
Yes Im going to look into Fisher. I just want a good reputable shop and installers that know what they are doing.

OP
B

Bluejoe

Reads Napa Authorized dealer , Central Hitch & Trailer Factory dealer. I know Reads main Western dealer. I’m going to Central hitch tomorrow.

OP
B

Bluejoe

I line in New Jersey. I’m looking for a second truck for work purposes and would try find a used plow for it. The search continues.

OP
B

Bluejoe

At the start both were two different manufacturers. So your saying both are now owned under one company but manufactured still in two different locations.