Best plow for 2013 ram 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Mattj90, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Mattj90

Mattj90 Junior Member

Hello, i own a 2013 ram 1500 tradesmen 4x4, its a crewcab with the 5.7 HEMI. I was wondering what would be a good plow for it, it doesn’t have to be a brand new plow I’ll mostly be plowing residential. Thank you in advance

2. seville009

seville009 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CNY

depends on where you are and the type/amount of snow you get along with your budget

in general, don’t skimp on equipment. get something that’s capable for just about anything. plan for the one big storm each year where you’ll be plowing in blinding drifting snow

go to the various plow websites; you can enter your truck’s specs and it’ll give you plow matches

BUFF and dieselss like this.
  3. NYH1

NYH1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 7' 6" Fisher SD plow on my 1500. Works good for what it is.

ETA; Western, SnowEx, Boss all make plows for 1/2 tons.

Good luck, NYH1.

4. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Snowdogg MD 75 on an 04' Dodge 1500. It was a great plow with minimal issues over 5 years of use. Stainless moldboard is a plus.

5. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I have a few questions for you 2013 Ram owners.
    I was plowing with a 2004 ram never had a problem
    I just bought a 2013 ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi.
    I had the truck side installed kept my 7.5 RD blade.

Yesterday I moved my blade to the regular position for snow storms. Decided to take for a ride seemed to be.

When I backed down and came back to drive up the driveway I could feel the plow hit the cement just a grazing.

It looks like the plow A frame just catches the ground.
    I noticed the truck side push plates are much lower than my 04 ram.

The 2013 front bumper i think is causing the problem being wider than the 04 and the push plated need to clear the bumper.
    Push plates are about 2 inches closer to the ground.

If you look at the picture the arrow shows what is hitting the ground.

So today I pulled the pins on the 3 hole frame and put in the bottom hole. Moving the frame up about 1.5 inches like 1- 1/2 hole.

I had timbrens installed 2 months ago when I had the truck side done.

Does the 2013 1500 have torsion bars like my 04 truck.

Also with the 4x4 in the truck is there any problems plowing.
    I read that the 4x4 works like if you start to slip the 4x4 clutch will kick in and grab if needed. Lousy design as my 04 had the floor shift.

The 2500 have the positive lock 4x4 but the 1500 have this **** type 4x4 that works only if the front wheels start to slip when in 4x4.

My main question is about the torsion bars in the 2013 or if your truck is low what did you do to fix.

I do have 400lbs of bag sand in back for balast over axle.

thanks