Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pronovost PXPL on a Kubota M6 111 front pto mounted and have a new Pronvost Cyclone being mounted on the rear of a New Holland T5 115 and I was going to get a skid steer mount snow blower to go on one of my Deere 324L High Flow loaders. I have never had a skid steer type hydraulic blower. Who is making good hydraulic blowers? I have owned several Pronovost and really like Normand but don't know who is best in the hydraulic lines? Thanks for your input

· Registered
41 Posts
I have an older style 74" PXPL that I have run on my L4240 and L5740. Last year I purchase a 74" hydraulic drive Pronovost for my wacker WL37. I didn't get to run it much as it got damaged in shipping and took forever to settle the insurance claim. I have previous underwhelming experience with a 72" FFC/Paladin that turned me off from hydraulic blowers. The Wacker dealer was trying to sell me another Paladin blower that they thought would work better but regardless the Pronovost blower design is just so much better. I feel the Pronovost and Normand standard blowers are top of the line and perform equally. It is super important that the hydraulic motor is properly sized for your loader. I feel my Pronovost hydraulic blower is a good blower that works well but just not as well as the equivalent sized blower even on my "underpowered" L4240. I struggle to the get the hydraulic blower on the loader to float as well as a 3pt blower causing loss of traction and poor scraping which equals wasted time. I was going to try and convert my hydraulic blower into a PXPL but ended up buying a 92" 3 pt PXPL this season which further limited hours on the hydraulic blower. I see guys successfully using hydraulic blowers in tight commercial lots but I'm in the driveway market.
It's not as easy to prevent whole blower clogging on a hydraulic blower since the engine doesn't bog down much and the motor can stall and bypass leaving you will some manual work to clear.

Snow Automotive tire Vehicle Asphalt Slope

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Deere 324L loaders are high flow +/- 30gpm so if I were to use the blower as a backup for blizzards it would primarily be blowing powder. It wouldn't be a primary blower, those are Pronvost Cyclones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.