Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks, it's the beginning of August and a boys thoughts turn to...Tire Chains!

OK, here's the situation, in all, I plow about 3/4 mile of driveway and Class VI road to keep me clear to a town plowed road. Most of it is dirt and flat enough, but up where my house sits the top 550 feet are asphalt and steep. It rises 110' over 550', which averages a 20% grade but some is steeper (some not so much, funny how averages work ;-) )

It's time for new chains. My old chains were V-Bar chains, which I'm not sure were the right chains for the asphalt. Plus, I'm having a hard time finding V-Bars for my tires anyway, which are Cooper LT265/70R18 M&S - Load Range "E" - that last part seems to be the problem.

Curious what folks think.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ripping up the asphalt is part of my concern, it's only been paved for two winters now. I'm quite familiar with tirechain.com. When one reads the details, the only V-Bar chain in that tire size that doesn't say "Will Not Fit Load Range E", doesn't have cams, and I can't see getting the truck chains tight enough without cams.

· Registered
60,265 Posts

· Registered
60,265 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.