·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Where in upstate NY are you from, I'm in Putnam county

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh dude I'm up in Chestertown! Gonna have to get down your way to say hi! I'd like to see how the wideout XL is on your ram. We have regular XLS/wideouts on ours. Haven't been risky enough for the XL yet.
Might put a larger xls on that ford haven't decided yet. I do like my westerns though. Been real lucky with them. Stainless seems to be the way to go for the long haul. That xls is tempting.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Ya we run mostly mild steel. We cycle the blades out after 6-5 years depending on usage. Deciding on Western. Steel edge is nice, full trip I’m not sure on yet. The flaw of the XLS is the poly edges. Two seasons is all we get. Debating on what to do next either upgrade or keep OEM replacements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya we run mostly mild steel. We cycle the blades out after 6-5 years depending on usage. Deciding on Western. Steel edge is nice, full trip I'm not sure on yet. The flaw of the XLS is the poly edges. Two seasons is all we get. Debating on what to do next either upgrade or keep OEM replacements.
The solid wing edges can grab and tweak the plow. I plow an industrial area and I need to be extremely careful where I am or I can destroy the plow. Those poly edges might be good for being next to old building that have lots of pipes and uneven concrete near the buildings. The western scrapes excellent though. The truck side shoes coming off the truck is a big deal if you use the truck 4 seasons. Being one piece blade is easy to just weld anything that breaks. The blade tripping on icy snow pack sucks. I think the western has center pivot and the fisher is solid? Not sure. The center pivot makes plowing on warm stone driveways a pain. Let's one side dig and grab lots of stone sometimes in 10ft mode.

·
Registered
14,458 Posts
I've been a member 12 years and never posted, lol I'm getting out of plowing actually. Sold my building.
Just trying to get the post count up for the for sale section then?

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Just trying to get the post count up for the for sale section then?
Weird that someone posted this 15 minutes before he listed his truck for sale....

I get the rationale behind requiring a certain minimum post count before someone can post an item for sale but since it just encourages lots of useless posts that often dig up lots of old threads, perhaps that requirement should be reconsidered?

·
Registered
52,640 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts